Kidcot To "Retire" "Duffy On A Stick"

WINNER! I really like this, so much better and I bet it will appeal to a wide range of kids instead of just the very young ones. I like the spot for the CM to write something. Once my kids aged out of the (they did the mask with the charms each country would attach) they would give CMs their autograph book and ask for them to write something in their own language. Most loved to do this with them, would also translate and have nice conversation. I imagine for these International DCP this will be a nicer interaction beyond being a marker babysitter for a cartoon bear color page. THIS actually ties into Epcot.

Last edited:

That is an incredible upgrade from Duffy. While I was one who loves Duffy and was/is very sorry to see is disappearance from WDW this is a significant improvement. In the day and age where everything Disney does is cut/cut/cut (if you read the boards at least) services this is far from a cut. Sure, this is due to a sponsorship but so what. Still much nicer item for the kids and it will directly impact their sales of the current passport. I know we wouldn't have ever bought a passport had this been around. I'm sure others will be the same way.

I know I, the adult, will be getting one of these next month. DGD will be quite jealous. And I'll color it with whatever they provide (hopefully they still provide something)

I love these! Think a group of adult would be allowed to collect them?
Of course. Adults are allowed to do everything/anything. I did passports and colored Duffy's all by myself. Got stamps, talked to the CP kids, all of it. There's not age limits. I didn't take up chairs at the tables though, if it was crowded. I'd stand off to the side somewhere. Left the table for the littles.

[I really like these! It will be so much easier to pack too. Our Duffy/Mask always manages to come off the stick in the suitcase. I wonder if they still use sharpies or if they've switched to crayons.

Of course. Adults are allowed to do everything/anything. I did passports and colored Duffy's all by myself. Got stamps, talked to the CP kids, all of it. There's not age limits. I didn't take up chairs at the tables though, if it was crowded. I'd stand off to the side somewhere. Left the table for the littles.

Thanks! My kids did the masks and the Duffy even when they were teens, but now the youngest is 19. And I'd like one of these. :)

I like this. We didn’t do kidcot last trip. My kid would have taken 30 minutes or more the color we each place. Where do I pick up the starter part at?

I’m totally on board with this! So excited for our trip next month! With four kids these ziploc bags will be so much more portable then four Duffy sticks sticking out of a bag on a stroller. Also I see the appeal to a wider range of kids. Now that my older kids are in elementary school I appreciate the cards with the information they can read. Also the coloring stays which will be the bigger activity for my younger two! Are they discontinuing the passport books with the ink stamps ? I have three from our last trip, but didn’t do it with my youngest then.

I love this. I love that there's fun facts and the capital city is noted. My two are 15 and 8 and I think this will appeal to both of them. Way more portable too. We have never made it all the way around. Hopefully we can make it this time. We'll just save the coloring for when we are either back at the resort and/or while we are waiting at Garden Grill that evening.

Agree this is an upgrade. Mine were kids when they had the masks to color. My boys were not thrilled with masks and both did not like to color. These are so much better--information on the country and something to color if you choose. Win Win!

In the day and age where everything Disney does is cut/cut/cut (if you read the boards at least) services this is far from a cut.

I hate how they cut Star Wars Land, Toy Story Land, Guardians of the Galaxy ride, Ratatouille, Mickey Ride, etc etc.

Keep the Duffy whatnot though.

Love these! We were going to do the passport instead of Duffy this trip, but this makes that sort of unnecessary now. I'm excited for them!!

I love this. I love that there's fun facts and the capital city is noted.
Yes-the Scotland and Northern Ireland and Wales CMs are excited to know that THEIR Capital is London,England!lol

(The United Kingdom card lists London as Capital of the UK.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!