Kidnap the Sandy Claws, lock him up real tight- Oct PTR pg. 234 8/25 up to date itin

Status
Not open for further replies.
franandaj said:
They'll give you plastic bags. When we moved we had 28 items with suitcases, carry ons, what was left of the case of wine I shipped, and groceries.

They will? That's great. Another thread said you have to have it all boxed up? :confused: 28 items? Sounds like us but they're 5 of us. :lmao: But we'll have 6 bags, 6 pillows, and 2 huge blankets just for starters. 28 sounds about right with all of the extras.

They will? That's great. Another thread said you have to have it all boxed up? :confused: 28 items? Sounds like us but they're 5 of us. :lmao: But we'll have 6 bags, 6 pillows, and 2 huge blankets just for starters. 28 sounds about right with all of the extras.

If I said it had to be boxed up, I meant "packed up" as in bags or boxes. We had 6 large suitcases, 3 computer bags, 3 other carry on type bags, a box with half a dozen bottles of wine, and probably the other bags were 15 small bags of groceries.

franandaj said:
If I said it had to be boxed up, I meant "packed up" as in bags or boxes. We had 6 large suitcases, 3 computer bags, 3 other carry on type bags, a box with half a dozen bottles of wine, and probably the other bags were 15 small bags of groceries.

Haha, no, you didn't say that it had to be boxed up. It was said in a random thread.

Half dozen bottles of wine? You sound like a good traveler. I thought I was doing well with Michael's 16 Guinness. :lmao:

I'm being a miser and telling the kids, one checked bag each and a small carry on each.

Haha, no, you didn't say that it had to be boxed up. It was said in a random thread.

Half dozen bottles of wine? You sound like a good traveler. I thought I was doing well with Michael's 16 Guinness. :lmao:

I'm being a miser and telling the kids, one checked bag each and a small carry on each.

Because we fly on miles, our bags fly free. Remember I told you I had a 500 bottle cellar? My Dad and I picked out the bottles that would go well with our ADRs and meals we planned to cook in the room. I bought a special wine shopping box for a case of wine, complete with styrofoam bottle spacers. I shipped it to myself about a week beforehand.

You should have seen the looks on the bell guys faces when we came up and asked if we could check our carry ons and box while we ate at the Turf club. We asked if they had a knife (to open the box) and when we opened it up their eyes bugged out of their heads! :lmao:

We grabbed the bottle for the Turf Club and headed off to dinner!

Because we fly on miles, our bags fly free. Remember I told you I had a 500 bottle cellar? My Dad and I picked out the bottles that would go well with our ADRs and meals we planned to cook in the room. I bought a special wine shopping box for a case of wine, complete with styrofoam bottle spacers. I shipped it to myself about a week beforehand.

You should have seen the looks on the bell guys faces when we came up and asked if we could check our carry ons and box while we ate at the Turf club. We asked if they had a knife (to open the box) and when we opened it up their eyes bugged out of their heads! :lmao:

We grabbed the bottle for the Turf Club and headed off to dinner!

:rotfl: He must have been shocked. And jealous. :thumbsup2 So smart shipping your wine there and I had no idea you could bring your own wine into Disney restaurants. What's their corkage fee? :scratchin That's a terrific idea.

How was The Turf Club? That's on our ADR list.

Kids got their pins out last night and I also gave them the bounty of pins I bought from eBay. They're so excited. DH asked everyone what their must do list includes, we could choose one thing.......Joshua and I chose the Halloween party, Chloe and Michael chose riding EE and night, and Gabby said shopping. Of course she said shopping. Oh and getting time to venture away from the adults. Teenagers rocks! :thumbsup2

I know the trip is close when DH starts asking questions. DH even asked how much he thinks we're going to spend. That's always a fun conversation. We found a fair compromise. pixiedust: Pixie dust flowing in the house last night.

:mickeybar 10 days until WDW!!! :mickeybar

I seriously cannot conceptualize that tomorrow is single digits! :faint:

Looks like we'll really start packing clothes this weekend. :woohoo:

Today's pics are of the THV and The Turf Club. So super happy about our decision to stay here.

7c2e705a05e64c1ea973686bdd3eda8b.jpg

d58a50a92bc748ed120495ed7897abcd.jpg

15b502e46e2c6057a70ea3fbac9b8690.jpg

7b0300dd87cd7ad2a1218fc336015fe2.jpg

3f1576cd918c6bdaf68cdad5c9563771.jpg

6e8c108d416b28960568ba14e684a1da.jpg

1e31aaeb78470635c17f70de75bb350e.jpg

We brought wine to Turf Club, Fulton's and CA Grill. All charged $15, bit CA Grill charged $20. Considering the wines I brought it was a bargain.

That's great that your DH is starting to.get into it. The funny thing with Fran is that there is no budget. With her she gets mad when I start to question her spending. The good thing is that I can buy whatever I want too.

We brought wine to Turf Club, Fulton's and CA Grill. All charged $15, bit CA Grill charged $20. Considering the wines I brought it was a bargain.

That's great that your DH is starting to.get into it. The funny thing with Fran is that there is no budget. With her she gets mad when I start to question her spending. The good thing is that I can buy whatever I want too.

$15 is a reasonable fee especially for Disney. Most places here are $10. I was expecting Disney to be closer to $25 per corking. :thumbsup2 I think I'm too late to do anything about it but its great info for next time.

He wasn't asking to pull the reigns in in as much as we'll go ape poop if we don't have a set number in our heads. He likes to claim he doesn't but he totally does. ;) He has almost as little self control at Disney as I do. Silly man. Denial.

:thumbsup2 That's fun to be able to buy whatever you want. I'd have that damn D&B Mickey bag if that was my case. That's definitely not our situation but we go and everyone feels satisfied. We definitely overspend when it comes to treats. Mickey ice cream bars and Dole Floats for everyone! It's literally impossible for me to say no to food. I'm a feeder.

:cool1: Single digits!!! :cool1:

On a side note our door is in at the hardware store. Now to wait for the installer to come install it.

Yay for single digits!

Where will you write your TR? On the DVC section.

The kids are bouncing and I'm to the not sleeping from excitement point. :hyper:

I hadn't though about where I'd post. Maybe the DVC section as we'll be there 99% of our nights? What do you think?

Oh and I just got off the phone with MS to make sure that ME had the correct info. Imagine my surprise when MS informed me my United flight has been changed and is now leaving 2.5 hours before anticipated. Hate United airlines. :scared: Thank goodness MS confirmed the flight time with me. Aren't airlines supposed to notify when flights have been changed?

The kids are bouncing and I'm to the not sleeping from excitement point. :hyper:

I hadn't though about where I'd post. Maybe the DVC section as we'll be there 99% of our nights? What do you think?

Well, I would think that would be the logical forum, you might get more followers since DVC people like to follow DVC reports and beyond you normal compliment, you might want to give some excitetement over there. I'm already following all the TRs with pics and they are sort of far and few between. Two are Aulani and the other is Jambo, so yours would be cool. I assume you will take lots of resort pics.

Oh and I just got off the phone with MS to make sure that ME had the correct info. Imagine my surprise when MS informed me my United flight has been changed and is now leaving 2.5 hours before anticipated. Hate United airlines. :scared: Thank goodness MS confirmed the flight time with me. Aren't airlines supposed to notify when flights have been changed?

franandaj said:
Well, I would think that would be the logical forum, you might get more followers since DVC people like to follow DVC reports and beyond you normal compliment, you might want to give some excitetement over there. I'm already following all the TRs with pics and they are sort of far and few between. Two are Aulani and the other is Jambo, so yours would be cool. I assume you will take lots of resort pics.

That's a good idea. And yes, I'll take a ton of pictures! I do like it over there too. :thanks: As soon as this one gets closed ;) I'll start back up over there. Once this is closed, will I be able to edit my last post to link to my new report? Not that its a huge deal as there are about 4 of us posting in between me talking to myself. :lmao: I'll probably post some live too. Now that I've got Photobucket on my phone, it's uber easy. I will have that night at AoA and lots of theme park stuff too but the DVC reports I've followed seem to include a little of everything. I think the title is always the toughest part and generally comes from something that happened on the trip.

I'm lying in bed and with the loooooong day I've got ahead of me, lets just say I've got little motivation. The weekdays feel like Groundhog Day especially when DH is working.

Happy Friday! Hope you get some down time this weekend. I'll be back to post my countdown with pics. :)

Hey guys....I'm going to have this thread closed today and move over to the DVC section. *chirp chirp* :lmao:

I'll link here and see you over there. :teeth:

I was going to vote for the regular section as it seems to get more traffic than DVC but either will be good! Yes, post the link :)

Did you call United? that is CRAZY! Is that inbound or outbound?

I swear sometimes I get notified, other times I don't. Incredibly frustrating.

You'll definitely have to post the link before the thread closes you can't edit or anything once it's closed.

My only reason for suggesting the DVC section is that it's kind of a "community" over there. You get a lot of the same people reading the TRs whereas in the regular section there is so much traffic that things get lost easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter