Kids at Crew Cup Lounge (YC)

jemtx

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ever eaten at Crew Cup lounge with kids? Was thinking of Yachtman for dinner, but when looking at menus thought the lounge menu was a more economical and quicker choice. Are kids even allowed in the lounge during dinner hours?
What about the Ale & Compass lounge?

Has anyone ever eaten at Crew Cup lounge with kids? Was thinking of Yachtman for dinner, but when looking at menus thought the lounge menu was a more economical and quicker choice. Are kids even allowed in the lounge during dinner hours?
What about the Ale & Compass lounge?
Yes, there are children at Crew Cup. It's not a very big lounge, and it can get crowded.
There are also children dining at Yachtsman. If it were me, I'd probably more likely take kids along to Yachtsman (with a ressie) than winging it at Crew Cup.

Yes, there are children at Crew Cup. It's not a very big lounge, and it can get crowded.
There are also children dining at Yachtsman. If it were me, I'd probably more likely take kids along to Yachtsman (with a ressie) than winging it at Crew Cup.
Thanks for the reply. We have reservations for Yachtsman at 6:25 on one of the nights. We were thinking of it as a way to save a little money because we already had some expensive meals like Chef Mickey & Ohana at the beginning of our trip. We wanted to relax a bit and eat at the hotel, but I agree with you that it might be a bad idea to not have an reservation in case the lounge is busy.

Thanks for the reply. We have reservations for Yachtsman at 6:25 on one of the nights. We were thinking of it as a way to save a little money because we already had some expensive meals like Chef Mickey & Ohana at the beginning of our trip. We wanted to relax a bit and eat at the hotel, but I agree with you that it might be a bad idea to not have an reservation in case the lounge is busy.
Maybe you could go to Crew Cup near opening time. You'd be much more likely to not run into crowds then. If you're planning a later meal, a good alternate to keep in mind might be the pizza window on the Boardwalk. Wishing you a great vacation!
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/boardwalk/pizza-window/

We brought our kids to Crews Cup. They were able to order off a standard kids menu (pasta with sauce, chicken nuggets, etc). We gave them their tablets and with headphones and enjoyed some wine and peace and quiet for a little bit lol! The burger was DELISH.

Gwynne: Thanks. Hadn’t even thought about Boardwalk Pizza. Great idea.

Nco91590. That sounds exactly like what we were thinking of doing. I’m so glad to hear that you can order off a basic kids menu. We were planning on getting the rolls & garlic and that burger sounded so yummy.

We've taken our kids to Crew's Cup many, many times. We usually stay at Yacht Club and eat at Crew's Cup at least a couple of times each trip. It typically gets crowded around dinner time because people will go to Crew's Cup while waiting for a table at Yachtsman, so I'd try to get there by 6:00 if that's what you want to do.

We've taken our kids to Crew's Cup many, many times. We usually stay at Yacht Club and eat at Crew's Cup at least a couple of times each trip. It typically gets crowded around dinner time because people will go to Crew's Cup while waiting for a table at Yachtsman, so I'd try to get there by 6:00 if that's what you want to do.
Thanks so much.

We went with DD. We found the service super slow and there wasn't a lot of options for kids. Then they gave DD a piping hot hot chocolate (not kid's temperature) and DD burnt her tongue. Maybe we just had a bum night but we found Picabu at Dolphin much more kid friendly and affordable.

We went with DD. We found the service super slow and there wasn't a lot of options for kids. Then they gave DD a piping hot hot chocolate (not kid's temperature) and DD burnt her tongue. Maybe we just had a bum night but we found Picabu at Dolphin much more kid friendly and affordable.
Thank you for sharing your experience.

We just had our son there a few weeks ago and he really enjoyed it. There were plenty of kids around actually. Just know seating is limited, and there really isn’t any room for a large group to sit together, so getting there right at 5 pm will help.

We just had our son there a few weeks ago and he really enjoyed it. There were plenty of kids around actually. Just know seating is limited, and there really isn’t any room for a large group to sit together, so getting there right at 5 pm will help.
Thanks. Is there a kid’s menu? I found the regular lounge menu, but couldn’t find a kid’s one.

Thanks. Someone else said that, so I’m certainly going to keep that in mind.

We took our kids there last June and they loved it! It was a nice atmosphere for all of us and we would not hesitate to go back.

Try to be there at opening. Otherwise Yachtsman can be slow to load their tables and the Crew Cup gets filled up with people having a drink and waiting for their table.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter