• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

kids at Pleasure Island?

86cammie

Earning My Ears
I was reading in the WDW with kids book that kids can still go to PI after 9:00. Has anyone ever seen kids there? I would like to go to PI, but it's only me and my DS going to WDW. Has anyone ever had there kids there after dark? What did you think?

We've never had our kids at PI but PLENTY of people do. If you and your DH are looking for an adult night out together you may want to consider something else.

It may not be the popular opinion, but I really don't think Pleasure Island is a place for kids, especially younger children. There are 8 nightclubs here in a large open area that really resembles a street party. There is a lot of drinking, smoking, foul language, suggestive dancing, everything you would expect to find at a bar. Just as I wouldn't take my children to any bars at home, I wouldn't bring them here, even if Disney allows it.

Don't get me wrong, I love Pleasure Island and think it is great fun, I just really feel it should only be for adults. My husband and I have been here several times and we always have a blast, but we only go if my parents are along to watch the kids.

Just my two cents, have fun whatever you decide. :)

I have seen kids there as well, but usually not in the clubs themselves. There is an outdoor stage not from the the East Side entrance. When we were there the band played a lot of "wedding reception" type music and the kids I saw had a blast. I think this is a great area for families to have some fun and dance. There were a few people drinking beer and the like, but not as much drinking and bar-type activities going on over there. I would say go and have fun, but stick to the outdoor entertainment.

Several years ago (in our pre-children days) my DH and I went to Pleasure Island one night and spent most of the evening in the Adventurer's Club. There were several children in there and though it is quite the fun and comical place to be - I don't think it is appropriate for children.

We haven't been back to PI for several years - mostly cause we got kids now :)

I was there last feb and seen teenagers in the clubs with their parents but not small kids inside the clubs, but a few outside.
I am taking my 16 yr old to PI for a little night out.
Have fun!
Mrsmom

Personally, I wouldn't do it. But if you do, do it when it's not going to be as bad. Everything starts at 7:00. Most of the real partiers don't show up for a while after that, and those who do aren't usually drunk yet. You should also avoid weekends, because there are a lot of local partiers, and Thursdays, because CMs get in free that night. I read somewhere recently that CMs get in free on Tuesdays too, but I've only seen that in one place and don't know if it's true.

Do not take your children to pleasure island. Would you take them to clubs at home? No. Sometimes the Boardwalk offers a street dance type atmosphere that caters to kids. I know they do it around spring break, just not sure when the exact days and times are this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter