Kids Club - Wave Phone or App

randumb0

Party at Mickey's
I've always carried a wave phone on me with previous cruises. There have been times when we've been called about our kids. Is there now a way to receive a message from the kids club or guest services via the app?

Yes but we found it sometimes was delayed—we would get a message on the wave phone and then somewhere 5-20 mins later it would show up in the app.

Yes but we found it sometimes was delayed—we would get a message on the wave phone and then somewhere 5-20 mins later it would show up in the app.

that makes me think that i still need to carry the wave phone

that makes me think that i still need to carry the wave phone
I would recommend it. Usually the kids club messages are not urgent, but one time my son got injured in a gaga ball game and I would have been upset to have a delayed message.

We just got off last week and the app was 35-40 minutes behind the Wave phone in alerting us...I never thought about carrying a Wave phone until I dropped little ones at the kids clubs.

Sounds like we'll be carrying both! Ugh.
We need the app to keep track of everything happening without carrying paper but still need the phone to receive notifications and be able to make calls and talk. I realize the app has a chat feature but how delayed is the app when communicating back and forth with others?

We've never carried the wave phones, just the app, and it has always been fine. but I suspect it depends on how old your kids are, and how comfortable they are being dropped. Our bigger kid loves the club, so it's never been an issue for him. our little one doesn't, but we didn't use the nursery often when she was 2, and when she was big enough to be in the club with her brother, she just found him when upset. Anyway, short version - the club has never needed to call us, so we've never had the wave phone. And the CMs have always said it's fine to just have the app.

We've also never had a big problem with the app - the message notifications/alerts sometimes are late, but if you open and refresh the app they show up. So if you are waiting to hear from someone, just check every few minutes if you think there's a delay. Otherwise, you'll get it on vacation time.

I despise carrying the wave phone, so I just use the app. I frequently check the app while my kids are in the club since I know messages are hit and miss on notifying me. My kids are not usually spending more than two hours in the club at a time though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter