Kids Clubs

ascardino

DIS Veteran
i have a daughter who is 8 and she doesn’t love DCL kids clubs. Last cruise she warmed up a bit b cause she had a couple of friends on board.

How do RCC compare for her age?

TIA!

My DD's Royal cruise on Oasis was when she was 9- she really liked the clubs, she wanted to stay late every night. She liked how they were organized with structured games and activities. Our DCL was a bit after, and she said it wasn't as structured, and personally I didn't like all the electronics that the kids could just sit on.

Adventure ocean is split up into 3 (maybe 2) age groups, apart from Navigator which is now all combined, 3-5, 6-8 and 9-11. Some ships and some sailings combine the older 2 groups.
There are 3, 3 hour sessions a day (although they are open all port hours). Each session will have a different theme and different games, activities, crafts and science to go with it. Unlike DCL there aren't specific times for activities, more of a, this will happen at some point in the session.
There aren't really electronics and if there are they're only really for free time, usually 30 minutes or so at the start of the session. It's an activity based program, unlike Disney's free for all, so if kids dont want to do the activity then there isn't usually much else for them to do, maybe color or read a book or play a board game, but not much.
I feel kids make friends easier/quicker on royal, as well as getting to know the staff and the staff getting to know the kids.
For some kids it works and they love it. Others hate that it's so structured and would rather Disney's clubs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!