Kids CS Credits & Menus FAQ & Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would sure be nice! So, therefore I'm leery. Hahahaha! Try having a vegetarian kid at Disney. Mac n cheese, pizza with cheese, grilled cheese (actually kinda rare), and uncrustables that he doesn't care for. Who wants to eat that for a week? It's kinda the same at lunch and dinner. Occasionally you can get whole wheat pasta with marinara.

I am interested to see if I can order adult QS for my 8 yr. There are some places where the child size would be ok, but some where he doesn't care for the QS child selections/options.

SusanneF, from what I read here http://blog.touringplans.com/2015/05/29/changes-coming-to-the-disney-dining-plan-beginning-may-31/ (hope it's ok to add a link to anohter site?!) it looks like as of this past May 2015, QS credits no longer enforce kids menu vs adult items and that credits can be used for either. I'm happy about that because I have two very picky eaters that put their nose up to just about everything LOL! I'm extremely overwhelmed just looking through the menus trying to find options that they'll even eat. Fingers crossed the DDP works out for us, meanwhile I'll be obsessing about Disney menus until we arrive :surfweb:

Thanks! I've read that as well, and hoping that is the case for our November trip! My kids are a bit more adventurous at home but two of my kids will likely be eating lots of chicken nuggets, corn and fruit in Disney, haha. I hate limiting restaurants based on the menus because of my kids, but they have to eat!

IF you are on Free Dining, yes it is only $21 to upgrade your child to an adult. Without FD, it is a lot more. Remember, you are only paying to upgrade the tickets and the longer you stay, the cheaper the daily tickets :) We will be going 7 nights/7 days in September. My 6 year old grandson eats like an adult (his 11 year old brother, not so much. LOL) and the difference when I priced it out is an extra $21. It is a no brainer to me. He will be able to order off the adult menu or the kids menu and you are right, there will be plenty to share :goodvibes
I know that people try to order adult meals using kids credits all the time and I have seen families questioned by a CM and even one family talked to by a manager/team member. I am always embarrassed for the family, especially for what they are teaching their kids. My conscience would never let me be dishonest like that. The extra $21 is soooo worth it. But remember, the $21 extra is ONLY IF you have Free Dining. :thumbsup2

We have the FD but have the regular dining plan not just the QS, if we upgrade our kids to adult will that also upgrade the TS meals to adult? Thanks for the info! I'm certainly considering paying for the upgrade after all the info here :cool2:

We have the FD but have the regular dining plan not just the QS, if we upgrade our kids to adult will that also upgrade the TS meals to adult? Thanks for the info! I'm certainly considering paying for the upgrade after all the info here :cool2:
Yes. All will be considered considered adults and the credits QS and TS will all be for adult meals.

Thanks! I've read that as well, and hoping that is the case for our November trip! My kids are a bit more adventurous at home but two of my kids will likely be eating lots of chicken nuggets, corn and fruit in Disney, haha. I hate limiting restaurants based on the menus because of my kids, but they have to eat!

I hear ya! I've had to weed through all of the restaurant menus and pick restaurants that had menus to suit my picky eaters...sigh.

Yes. All will be considered considered adults and the credits QS and TS will all be for adult meals.

If you have called and upgraded your child/children. Does the meal plan show the change on your mydisneyexperience account online? In my account the tickets DO show 10 and older for my kids but the meal plan still shows this "2015 Quick Service Meals, 2015 Table Service Meals - Child, 2015 Table Service Meals - Adult". Do need to call and have them change it?

It still shows that on my MDE, but when we got our little trip planner thing in the mail, it had the credits listed as all adult. I don't know why it doesn't change on MDE. I think as long as you paid the upgrade for the ticket you should be good.

It still shows that on my MDE, but when we got our little trip planner thing in the mail, it had the credits listed as all adult. I don't know why it doesn't change on MDE. I think as long as you paid the upgrade for the ticket you should be good.

Wow you're fast at replies! Excellent. I'm sure they can fix it when we get there too if there is any issue, I hope anyway. I did pay $41.52 over the phone with them to upgrade my three kids and their tickets do show as adult in MDE. Thank you so much for all the info :worship:

What you read on the blog is just that, a blog, albeit normally a really good blog. Official Disney Dining brochures still state that kids must order off the kid's menu. The only thing from the rumored changes that actually made it into official writing is the trading of dessert for a snack item at QS (during same transaction) and trading dessert for a soup/salad/veggie of restaurant choice at a TS. And that is only official for 2016. Current reports aren't seeing this happening much yet even though the rumor was it would be effective at the end of May this year.

If you have called and upgraded your child/children. Does the meal plan show the change on your mydisneyexperience account online? In my account the tickets DO show 10 and older for my kids but the meal plan still shows this "2015 Quick Service Meals, 2015 Table Service Meals - Child, 2015 Table Service Meals - Adult". Do need to call and have them change it?
It shows that for everybody, even people without any children at all. Don't worry about it.

What you read on the blog is just that, a blog, albeit normally a really good blog. Official Disney Dining brochures still state that kids must order off the kid's menu. The only thing from the rumored changes that actually made it into official writing is the trading of dessert for a snack item at QS (during same transaction) and trading dessert for a soup/salad/veggie of restaurant choice at a TS. And that is only official for 2016. Current reports aren't seeing this happening much yet even though the rumor was it would be effective at the end of May this year.

I figured it may not be 100% accurate as I couldn't find any official information in the disney info online. I figured rather than having to try it and been leery/feel guilty or something that it was best to just upgrade my kiddos, so that's just what I did :thumbsup2 no worries, all three are eating like the adults :)

I saw this on the touring plans blog: "Those guests on either the Deluxe, the Premium, of the Platinum Dining Plans will now be able to mix their adult and child credits. This means that if a guest on the dining plan has two adults and two child meal entitlements, they may choose to select four adult entree options, if they would like. Those on the regular Disney Dining Plan will not have this option and a child entitlement must still be used for a child meal."

Can anyone confirm that's true? My kids will be sick of chicken nuggets / mac & cheese by the second day, so I'm really hoping it's true but I don't see it on the Disney site. If it's not true, will I be likely to get a child size of an adult meal? Thanks!

It would sure be nice! So, therefore I'm leery. Hahahaha! Try having a vegetarian kid at Disney. Mac n cheese, pizza with cheese, grilled cheese (actually kinda rare), and uncrustables that he doesn't care for. Who wants to eat that for a week? It's kinda the same at lunch and dinner. Occasionally you can get whole wheat pasta with marinara.
We were there Aug 20-29 on DDP with two vegetarian kids, ages 6 & 2. I'm not sure if the official rules have changed or not but FWIW, I never paid attention to how many adult meals we were ordering at one time. We had 4 adults and 1 child on the plan and, especially at the resort food court, we often had more than one adult going through different checkout lines at roughly the same time, after picking things up from different food stations, and all paying with the same DDP. We never had any issues.

My kids like the Power Packs that they have at some of the QS locations; it comes with a yogurt, Apple slices, baby carrots, goldfish crackers, and a Jammie Sammie. Not the most healthy meal in the world, but it worked when there was nothing else they'd eat. Probably our favorite QS in terms of good things for veg kids is Les Halles in France at Epcot. There is no children's menu, so kids are free to choose anything they want; my DD6 loves the quiche florentine. And getting her pick of any dessert in the case is also pretty good at motivating her to eat her meal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter