Kids CS Credits & Menus FAQ & Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I thought!! Our tickets have arrived and there are our vouchers for flights for all 3 flights, room details, park ticket vouchers for DH and myself but not for our 2 yo DS but the DDP vouchers there are 2 adults and one child - the child voucher actually says "Child age 3-9" and underneath says "Child age 2" :confused:

I'm thinking if this is Disney's mistake and we've been charged they surely can't take it away from us or force us to pay a park ticket can they?? We did tell them we thought they were wrong! I am now totally psyched up that he'll have his dining all paid for (and I won't need to share any of mine :lmao:)

mo x

Call Disney UK asap. You may be best asking to speak to a supervisor. It is a lot easier to get a refund if you have been overcharged (?) now, rather than afterwards, where you would have to pursue it as a claim against them for non-delivery of services listed on your confirmation. Likewise, if you specifically want to pay for the child to have the dining plan you need to have that done in the next few days.

Did you want the child to have dining credits? In their terms and conditions they still classify children/infants under 3 as non chargeable so your initial assumptions were spot on correct. This is all in accordance with Disney's policy. What I can tell you for certain is that whatever has been recorded on your final confirmation, and which will be passed onto your resort, will be what you get. The US system has no links whatsoever to the UK one so it is impossible for them to sort this out for you at check in as they have no access to the information.

I see you appear to have booked flight inclusive. Since your DS is over 2 you would have had to book a seat which classifies him as a child on the booking system. Trust me when I tell you that the OpenRide (Disney UK) system is completely warped in areas, but I have a not so sneaky feeling that this may be where the problem has come in. You would have been charged for your DS as a child because he is over 2, and this means that every component of the booking has him classified as a child. However by Disney standards a child is aged 3 and over. Disney at check in will treat your child as 2 because that is what is on your booking. Unfortunately there is nothing much you can do about it because the system is flawed (in my not so humble opinion).

If you need any help, please feel free to post or PM me. I have had to deal with a similar type of issue with them but I was fortunate enough to have time on my side.

:goodvibes

Call Disney UK asap. You may be best asking to speak to a supervisor. It is a lot easier to get a refund if you have been overcharged (?) now, rather than afterwards, where you would have to pursue it as a claim against them for non-delivery of services listed on your confirmation. Likewise, if you specifically want to pay for the child to have the dining plan you need to have that done in the next few days.

Did you want the child to have dining credits? In their terms and conditions they still classify children/infants under 3 as non chargeable so your initial assumptions were spot on correct. This is all in accordance with Disney's policy. What I can tell you for certain is that whatever has been recorded on your final confirmation, and which will be passed onto your resort, will be what you get. The US system has no links whatsoever to the UK one so it is impossible for them to sort this out for you at check in as they have no access to the information.

I see you appear to have booked flight inclusive. Since your DS is over 2 you would have had to book a seat which classifies him as a child on the booking system. Trust me when I tell you that the OpenRide (Disney UK) system is completely warped in areas, but I have a not so sneaky feeling that this may be where the problem has come in. You would have been charged for your DS as a child because he is over 2, and this means that every component of the booking has him classified as a child. However by Disney standards a child is aged 3 and over. Disney at check in will treat your child as 2 because that is what is on your booking. Unfortunately there is nothing much you can do about it because the system is flawed (in my not so humble opinion).

If you need any help, please feel free to post or PM me. I have had to deal with a similar type of issue with them but I was fortunate enough to have time on my side.

:goodvibes

I didn't expect to get dining for him but it automatically charged us. There is no way that we are prepared to pay for a park ticket to get the dining he likes his food but I don't think he'd eat that much food in 2 weeks. It's just now I'm psyched up that he'll have his own food already paid for! We only paid something like £40 to upgrade for DP from the free QS dining plan so I'm not so worried about leaving it to claim later if they refuse us. We have written proof that it was paid for so can Disney really refuse it to us if it's their mistake?? The system only added the adult park tickets but all 3 dining plans. We're tempted to play dumb - after all Disney UK HAVE told us that it's correct when we queried it, and if I wasn't the geek I am on here checking everything out lol, then we'd be none the wiser that it was an error.

What do you think?

Surely if he has the dining plan on the UK system then he must have it on the US system? No?

mo x

Surely if he has the dining plan on the UK system then he must have it on the US system? No?

mo x

From what I understand, no he won't. You see he is on the UK system, but it is "incompatible" for want of a better description, with the US system which adds children from age 3. The only way to get him onto the US system is, not only to have him registered as 3 years old, but to buy him a Disney park ticket. This is because the tickets and dining plans are linked and the dining plan category (adult/child/non applicable for under 3's) is directly connected to the category of park ticket (again, if applicable). Thankfully you didn't buy him a park ticket and honestly, not sure how long you are going for, but for a little guy, £40 will buy you a fair amount of little bits for topping up or supplementing his meals which he shares with you. Alternatively you could just buy the occasional kids meal for $5.

Of course you might get lucky and have a CM who is able to help you out when you check in but I suspect that as this is a system issue, it is more a case of they can't than they won't.

PS Thanks for all the info - I do appreciate it!!

mo x

You're very welcome. :goodvibes

LOL look at me getting all defensive at maybe not getting something that we're not actually entitled to anyway!!

Hubby's all for arguing our case and seeing what happens and if nothing happens then so be it, we'll take it up with Disney UK on return and if we do manage to get what Disney UK have booked for us then great! But there's no way we're paying for a park ticket just to get the dining. I may change my mind and phone though - lol!

Thanks for your help.

mo x

Me again!!

New question - lol - for the DDP do you need park tickets for your whole stay? Eg DH & I have 2 week Premium Tickets or whatever it's called that I think you can only buy in the UK, we are staying at CSR for 14 nights so have DDP for 14 nights. Would we need this for DS to have the DDP or could we buy him a one day base ticket at $68?

mo x

Me again!!

New question - lol - for the DDP do you need park tickets for your whole stay? Eg DH & I have 2 week Premium Tickets or whatever it's called that I think you can only buy in the UK, we are staying at CSR for 14 nights so have DDP for 14 nights. Would we need this for DS to have the DDP or could we buy him a one day base ticket at $68?

mo x

lol, it's me again!

The tickets you have are 14 day ultimate. Only available in the UK.

Because you booked in the UK you have to buy your DS a UK ticket because you can't buy MYW (the US) tickets through Disney UK. The shortest tickets they offer are 5 day premiums, which, if you have a look, cost almost the same as the 14 day ones.

As far as I know with UK bookings, because you and your DH have 14 day tickets, this is what you would have to buy your son as well.

Personally, for a 2 year old (even if he had a huge appetite) I wouldn't do this. What it will cost you in ££s to get the ticket for him (currenly £198 on the promotion) will give you approximately $300 if you simply exchanged the money. That is more than enough to buy some kids meals and snacks for him. Plus, with the large portion sizes at many of the restaurants you will have plenty to share. If you have buffets reserved, he will be able to be served his own food from the buffet at no extra cost. Just my 2c, but I think you are better off paying OOP for his meals. Even my 7 year old didn't get through her kids meal quota and she has a fairly average appetite for her age.

Edit to add: For the avoidance of any doubt, you can't add the dining plan at check in so you won't be able to purchase a one day base ticket at check in for him. Just making sure you don't get there only to get another unwanted surprise.

Thanks - answers all my questions, even the ones I didn't actually ask!! You are fab!!

mo x

Ok, I am still not quite getting this child credit, adult credit when a restaurant does not offer a children's menu.

If we were to go to Golden Oak Outpost because DD was hungry and she ordered off the menu do we need to tell them its for a child or be charged an adult credit? One post says they do not differentiate in which case I wont need to explain myself each time. DD is often hungry when we are not so she might be the only one ordering or it might be her and I while Daddy is riding a scary crazy roller coaster. I don't want to run out of adult credits because I didn't explain to the CM that the flat bread is for a child. DD does not not eat a lot of "kids foods" so I imagine we will be at the places that don't have a kids menu in order to meet her needs. On day 10 I don't want to find out that we have 20 kids credits and no adult credits :scared1:

Does that make any sense at all?

You will have no problem on day 10.:goodvibes Just make sure you're using her credits for children's meals where they are available. If no childrens meal is available, then you are fine to order a meal off of their regular menu.

I have a question about the QS kids desserts at Wolfgang Puck Express. Can they order any dessert, or do they get a kid sized cookie or something like that? Thanks!

They let us get whatever dessert we wanted when we used kids credits there in January. Not sure if that's the norm, but they didn't even blink when letting my 4 year old get the Creme Brulee.

We are using the Kids Free promo for our next trip, as it saved us more money than the Monster PIN or the FD. We then added the QSDP. I asked the CM how we could keep track of the adult vs. kids credits. When we were at WDW last November, the credits were all pooled together. It was difficult for me to keep track of them, especially when I took a child back to a park and DH went to the room with the others to rest. The CM said that this has changed and now the receipt reads how many adult credits and how many child credits are remaining. When did they change this? It is a great idea. I wish they would have done this before our last trip. It would have saved me some headaches!! :thumbsup2

They do this for TS but not QS, you will need to keep track of your adult/child QS credits yourself.

The receipt will tell you how many QS credits you have left, but not how many adult/child.

They do this for TS but not QS, you will need to keep track of your adult/child QS credits yourself.

The receipt will tell you how many QS credits you have left, but not how many adult/child.

oh yikes . . . I was excited when the CM told me this. I remember someone one DIS talking about some kind of punchcard they made. Any advice on how I can keep these straight? We have four kids to keep up with!!!!:worship:

We have to start keeping track??? I thought that QS credits were just pooled together... what happens if you go to a place like Casey's or MSB where there is no kids meal??? Do you get dinged a kids meal or an adult meal?

We have to start keeping track??? I thought that QS credits were just pooled together... what happens if you go to a place like Casey's or MSB where there is no kids meal??? Do you get dinged a kids meal or an adult meal?

If there is not kids menu you can order off the adult menu. That is why they are pooled together because there are still some places that don't have kids menu's.

You are supposed to keep track of the QS credits. Only you can do that, since QS credits are not separated.

Anytime you want, you can go to guest services at your resort and they will give you a complete listing of what credits you have used -- any where.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!