Kids CS Credits & Menus FAQ & Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia1972

<font color=green>I love late night snacks<br><fon
Questions about kids CS menus and kids CS credits come up a lot, so we figured a quick and easy FAQ would help a lot of members out.

What if a restaurant does not have a childs menu?
Then Disney will allow you to use your child entitlement to order an adult meal.

Which restaurants do not have a childrens menu?
• Toluca Turkey Legs (Disney Hollywood Studios)
Turkey Leg
Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta Orange, Minute Maid Light
Lemonade, Nestea, Hi-C Punch
SmartWater
Dasani Bottled Water
• Casey's Corner (Magic Kingdom)
Hot Dog Meal - served with apple slaw or french fries
Hot Dog
Corn Dog Nuggets
Brownie
Cracker Jack
Soft Drinks - Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Orange, Light Lemonade &
Iced Tea
Chocolate or Whole Milk
Hot Tea, Hot Cocoa
Nescafe Coffee - regular or decaffeinated
Bottled Water
• Pete's Doggone Good Dogs (Magic Kingdom)
Hot Dog, Chips and Large Beverage
• Sommerfest
Bratwurst served with sauerkraut and roll
Frankfurter served with sauerkraut and roll
Black Forest Cake Roulade
Seasonal Crumble Cake - with whipped cream
Bavarian Cheesecake
Apple Strudel with vanilla sauce
Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Iced Tea, Lemonade
Bottled Water
Hot Tea or Hot Chocolate Coffee
• Yorkshire County Fish Shop
Fish & Chips 2 strips of fish served with chips
Shortbread
Soft Drinks: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Orange, Light Lemonade, Peak Iced Tea
Coffee - Regular or Decaf
Hot Tea
Bottled Water
• Main Street Bakery (Magic Kingdom)
Assorted Sandwiches and desserts – menu varies
• Golden Oak Outpost (Magic Kingdom)
All Entrees served with Apple Slices or French Fries
Fried Chicken Breast Sandwich
Chicken BLT Flatbread
Vegetable Flatbread
Chicken Breast Nuggets (6 pieces)
French Fries
Triple Chocolate Cake
Carrot Cake
Chocolate Chunk Cookie
Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, Sprite, Lt Lemonade, Iced Tea
Bottled Water
Smart Water
Hot Coffee or Hot Tea or Hot Cocoa
• Boulangerie Patisserie (EPCOT – World Showcase)
Ham and Cheese Croissant
Ham and Cheese Quiche
Ham and Cheese Sandwich
Coca Cola, Dt Coke, Sprite, Fanta Orange Soda, Nestea
Bottled Water
Orange Juice
Milk, Chocolate Milk or 2% Low Fat Milk
Coffee, Decaffeinated Coffee, Hot Tea
Hot Cocoa

My kids hate Mac and Cheese and PB&J – is that all they are going to eat for our entire trip?
Not unless you want them to. Kids menus are fairly varied, and most locations try to offer “normal” kid fare with one or two options that appeal to kids with a more seasoned palate.

Below is a list of kid menus found online May 29, 2010. Remember, Disney reserves the right to change their mind day to day, so these selections may not be available on your trip. This is posted just to give you a general idea as to what is available as of May 2010. (We will try to update these menus as they are updated and as the volunteers (us) have time :goodvibes :

Kids Menus:
ANIMAL KINGDOM

Flame Tree BBQ
For Guests Ages 3-9
All meals include choice of 2 sides: grapes, carrot sticks, applesauce or fruit punch gelatin Choice of: 1% milk, Small Bottled Water or Apple Juice
Baked Chicken Drumstick $4.99
Hot Dog $4.99
Chocolate Chip Cookie or Soft Drink substituted upon request

04/10

Pizzafari
For Guests 9 & Under
All meals served with choice of 2 sides
Grapes, Carrot Sticks, Applesauce or Fruit Punch Gelatin
Choice of Beverage: 1% Mickey Milk, small bottled water, or apple juice
Macaroni and Cheese $4.99
Child's Cheese Pizza $4.99
Chocolate Chip Cookie or Soft Drink substituted upon request
03/10

Yak & Yeti
All meals include choice of 2 side items: Carrot Sticks, Applesauce, Fruit Punch Gelatin or Chicken Fried Rice.

Choice of 1% Mickey Milk, Small Bottled Water or Apple Juice
Cheeseburger $4.99
Chicken Bites $4.99
Pork Egg Roll $4.99
Chocolate Chip Cookie, French Fries or Soft Drink upon request

04/10

DISNEY HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS

ABC Commissary
For guests 9 and under
All meals include choice of two side items: grapes, carrot sticks or applesauce
Choice of: 1% Mickey Milk, 1% chocolate milk, small bottled water or apple juice box
Chicken Nuggets $4.99

Cheeseburger $4.99
Ham and Cheese Wrap $4.99
Chocolate Chip Cookie, French Fries and Soft Drink available upon request.
07/09

Backlot Express
All meals include choice of two side items: grapes, carrot sticks, or applesauce
Choice of 1% Mickey Milk, 1% chocolate milk, small bottled water, or apple juice box
Chicken Nuggets OR Meaty Macaroni $4.99

Chocolate Chip Cookie, Chocolate Pudding, French Fries and Soft Drinks substituted upon request
04/10

Fairfax Fare
All meals served with applesauce, carrot sticks, and choice of 1% milk, bottled water, or juice
Peanut Butter & Jelly $4.99
02/10

Starring Rolls Bakery
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Peanut Butter & Jelly - Smucker's Uncrustable with grapes, applesauce and milk $3.99[/FONT]
09/09

Studio Catering Company

All meals include choice of two side items: grapes, carrot sticks, or applesauce
Choice of: 1% Mickey Milk, 1% chocolate milk, small bottled water or apple juice box

Peanut Butter and Jelly $4.99
Chocolate Chip Cookie or Soft Drinks available upon request
03/10

Toy Story Pizza Planet
for guests 9 and under
includes grapes and applesauce, plus choice of 1% Mickey Milk, small bottled water, or apple juice box
Cheese Pizza $4.99
Chocolate chip cookie or soft drink substituted upon request
07/09

EPCOT

Future World
Electric Umbrella
for guests 9 and under
All meals: $4.99 each
with choice of two: applesauce, grapes, carrot sticks or fruit punch gelatin and a beverage: 1% milk, bottled water or apple juice box
Cheeseburger
Turkey Pinwheels
Kid's Cheeseburger
11/09

Sunshine Seasons

Breakfast
Kids' French toast - with sausage $4.09

Lunch/Dinner
Sweet & Sour Chicken and Beverage $6.49
Macaroni and Cheese with Beverage $4.99
Make your own Mini Sub and Beverage $4.99
Chicken Leg with Mashed Potatoes and Beverage $6.49
Smuckers PB&J Uncrustables Lunch Kit $4.49
05/10

World Showcase

Liberty Inn
For Guests 9 and under
All meals include Grapes and Carrot Sticks
Choice of: 1% milk, small bottled water or Apple juice box

Chilled Chicken Wrap - $4.99
Chicken Nuggets - $4.99
Peanut Butter and Jelly - $4.99

03/10

Lotus Blossom Cafe
Beijing Barbecue Drumstick - with 1% milk, small bottle of water or juice $6.95

03/10

Tangierine Cafe
All kid's meals are served with choice of 1% milk, bottled water or juice. Kid's meals are served with Carrot sticks and apple slices.
Hamburger $7.99
Chicken Tenders $7.99

Potato Chips and Soda available upon request
04/10

Yakitori House

Teriyaki Chicken with mixed vegetables, steamed rice and a child size soft drink $6.89
05/10

MAGIC KINGDOM

Columbia Harbor House
For Guests 9 and under
All meals include choice of two sides: grapes and carrot sticks. Choice of: 1% Mickey Milk, small bottled water or apple juice.

Mixed Greens with Chicken $4.99
Chicken Nuggets $4.99

Applesauce, Cookie, French Fries, or Soft Drink substituted upon request
03/10

Cosmic Ray's
(Children 9 and under)
(All Sides of Restaurant)
All meals include grapes and carrot sticks and choice of: 1% Mickey Milk, small bottled water or apple juice

Chicken Nuggets $4.99

Turkey Sandwich $4.99
04/10

Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe
For Guests 9 and Under

All meals include grapes and carrot sticks Choice of: 1% Mickey Milk, small bottled water or apple juice.
Chocolate Chip Cookie, applesauce, Fries or Soft Drink available on request
Hamburger $4.99
Mixed Greens Salad with Chicken $4.99
03/10

Pinocchio Village Haus
For guest 9 and under
All meals include carrot sticks, grapes and
Choice of 1% Mickey Milk, small bottled water, or apple juice

Cheese Pizza $4.99
Applesauce, Cookie, French Fries or Soft Drink substituted upon request

05/10

Hiya All from sunny Engalnd

Have been searching disney menu's again, for all the places we have chosen and the only childrens meals i can't get my head round are the following so wondered if anyone has experience with these

Sunshine Seasons, What do kids get? Saw the make your own sub, but what would they do for dessert?

Also WPE at Downtown Disney, on their breakfast menu they have no childrens options? Is it just that they are not on Allears and they have their own menu, or would they have to have cereal and milk etc?

Many Thanks in advance
Ali

Ok, I want to clear this up once and for all before we leave. We (2 adults, 2 kids 10 and 8) have QSDP. Is it true that the CS credits do not differintiate between child and adult? And does that mean that DD-8 can order from the adult menu if she so chooses? TIA for your help.

Is it true that the CS credits do not differintiate between child and adult?

Yes.

And does that mean that DD-8 can order from the adult menu if she so chooses?

No. Child credits are to be used for child meals only. There are a limited number of locations that don't have child meals; you can get a meal using a child credit there as well. See the new sticky at the top of this forum for details.

Otherwise, you can't get more adult meals at a time than there are adults listed on your KTTW card.

I moved the threads together so all of the FAQ and Q&A on kids credits is in one easy to find place.

Faldred is right, as of right now they still show up as one pool on the receipt. He's also right that your DD8 may not order from the adult menu if you purchase a child's plan for her.

The menus in the first post will, hopefully, help you in finding places that are more appealing to your DD.

You can also consider upgrading her to the adult plan, or you could supplement her meals by sharing your adult meal with her.

Hiya All from sunny Engalnd

Have been searching disney menu's again, for all the places we have chosen and the only childrens meals i can't get my head round are the following so wondered if anyone has experience with these

Sunshine Seasons, What do kids get? Saw the make your own sub, but what would they do for dessert?

Also WPE at Downtown Disney, on their breakfast menu they have no childrens options? Is it just that they are not on Allears and they have their own menu, or would they have to have cereal and milk etc?

Many Thanks in advance
Ali

Wolfgang Puck Express - If they don't have a childrens menu for breakfast, then you can order off of the regular menu. However, I thought that they did have a childrens menu. It was a GOOD menu, but it was kids size portions.

Sunshine Seasons - Before my big fall in Disney, when I ended up in a wheehlchair, I happened to take a few pictures of Sunshine Season's kids selections.

IMG_0527.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

IMG_0529.jpg

IMG_0530.jpg

So it looks like it's the 'usual suspects' as far as sides and desserts. I didn't see the kids cookie, but I am sure that it's hiding there somewhere. :rotfl:

Actually Sunshine Seasons has an option for kids at the Asian station and also make your own sub for kids. Unless it has changed since we were there last year.

WPE does have a kids menu, but not for breakfast, again, unless that has changed recently.

Tricia, I didn't know you had such a bad fall at Disney :scared1: Are you okay now?

Oops! I didn't mean to give the impression that Uncrustables were it for meals. (D'oh :headache:)

What I meant by my post was that the desserts and sides were the usual suspects (Choice of two - Grapes, Carrots, Apple Sauce, Jello) ::yes::

(My knee is much better, but I will always have the scar to remind me of Epcot)

Oops! I didn't mean to give the impression that Uncrustables were it for meals. (D'oh :headache:)

What I meant by my post was that the desserts and sides were the usual suspects (Choice of two - Grapes, Carrots, Apple Sauce, Jello) ::yes::

(My knee is much better, but I will always have the scar to remind me of Epcot)

Reading your post and the OP again, you were actually pretty clear. It's been another looooong and really busy week so my brain is in park right now :rotfl:

If you'd got your scar near Mission Space (or Test Track) you could have spun a tale to impress the kids ;) Maybe you could cover it wth a Mickey tattoo ....

When we were there in Dec, the kids could get one of the really good desserts at Sunshine Seasons with their kids meal. Just ask.

Others have reported this too, but it doesn't seem to be consistent and appears to fall down to the fact that with Disney it is still a case of who you speak to. ;)

Questions about kids CS menus and kids CS credits come up a lot, so we figured a quick and easy FAQ would help a lot of members out.

Which restaurants do not have a childrens menu?
• Toluca Turkey Legs (Disney Hollywood Studios)
Turkey Leg

since this is a post re: dining plan/credits/etc, i have to ask, has the turkey leg been added to the DDP? when we had them in MK (feb '09) they were not included on the plan...

since this is a post re: dining plan/credits/etc, i have to ask, has the turkey leg been added to the DDP? when we had them in MK (feb '09) they were not included on the plan...

They are no longer a snack credit. You should be able to use a CS credit for them.

They are no longer a snack credit. You should be able to use a CS credit for them.

we were not able to use *any* credit, snack nor CS back in feb '09 in MK...

so, they are now a CS credit?! :thumbsup2 the menu doesn't list any "sides" or desserts... what comes with it?

You can use a CS credit for a turkey leg at Toluca Legs (HS) or Lunching Pad (MK) apparently. You can't use CS credits at the small kiosks in Epcot or MK Frontierland that sell the legs, and you can't get a leg for a snack credit. (Note that it appears neither of these places serves dessert, so you wouldn't get a dessert. Sides would not be included even if they were listed. You'd get the turkey leg and a beverage. In effect, you would be giving up your dessert entitlement to get the turkey leg.)

This will be our first time on DDP so please bear with me. It looks like many CS don't have a dessert option on kid meals. You can substitute a cookie for your side though. Do you give up both sides (carrots and grapes) or only one? Sorry, I am a little confused by this.

It looks like at TS restaurants they get a sundae. I didn't see any other choices really when I looked at menus.

Kids get an entree, drink, and two sides at CS locations. So in your example of two sides (carrots and grapes), the grapes count as their dessert.

You are able to give up one of those sides (say you opt to give up grapes) and get a cookie if you choose.

If you want fries with their meal, you can give the other side (carrot sticks) to get the fries.

Then your child will have an entree, drink, fries and a cookie for their meal.

Thanks for starting this thread, tricia1972! I was trying to make myself a list of all the places that didn't have a kids menu so this really, really helps me with my planning for this year. My DS8 is a very picky eater. He wont eat the Mac & Cheese at Disney because he says it's 'too cheesy'; he wont eat the PB&J because he's afraid that the jelly may have pieces of fruit in it, etc., and I dont wont him eating pizza and hotdogs for the entire week.

For the meals where he will be eating from the kids menu, I'm planning on eating what he gets for dessert and ordering something for him off my menu. That, however, is because I'm a big dessert lover and don't want to do entirely without but I'm also a Lifetime Member of Weight Watchers and don't want to gain 7lbs this time like I did when we went two years ago!!! :laughing:

Pool bar at Coronado springs resort didn't have a kids menu up to and including October 31st 2009 - can't comment since then!

Any cs meal plus drink and either oreos or chips for dessert applied to adults or kids. Burgers, chicken tenders and chicken wrap with fries were all very substantial and for 1cs credit were plenty for two to share.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!