Kids CS Credits & Menus FAQ & Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
in 2013 there wasn't asking involved. We just ordered and apart from Walfganck puck we were not asked anywhere else. At Wolfgang puck the kids options were good.

even when we ordered at BOG. I was expecting to pay OOP for DS but didn't have to!

7 to 9 year olds can be tricky to order for. Sometimes kids meal isn't enough, sometimes they want kids meal - others adult. Many times a 2 meals were ok for 3 of us. Even home - he order kids meal and then eats mine! Even when he was 7 we found some TS not great (but some had perfect kids options). It will be great if they give half portion of adult meal as option. When you upgrade to adult meal plan by amending his birthday - then you have to pay adult for everything - MNSSHP, park tickets etc. All you are looking for is more options for him and end up having to pay for everything more!

It's great that they don't enforce the rules strictly at QS. I am glad they haven't changed it

So if they are not tracked and I use a credit and split it into 3 snacks- how do they differentiate how many kids credits or adult credits I have left. I am probably not asking this correctly but I just don't want to get stuck with too many of one or another if they are not differentiated when I order each time.

So if they are not tracked and I use a credit and split it into 3 snacks- how do they differentiate how many kids credits or adult credits I have left.
If they aren't tracked, then how do they track them? They don't.
Only table service credits on the regular plan are differentiated.

So, if I understand you correctly, TS kids and adult credits are not tracked when using the Deluxe Dining Plan? Therefore, kids can order adult TS meals and kids dining credits will be deducted -- not adult credits?

If they aren't tracked, then how do they track them? They don't.
Only table service credits on the regular plan are differentiated.

So, if I understand you correctly, TS kids and adult credits are not tracked when using the Deluxe Dining Plan? Therefore, kids can order adult TS meals and kids dining credits will be deducted -- not adult credits?

If they aren't differentiated, then how could they deduct a "kid's" credit? I don't know how the system works, but there have been many, many reports here on the DIS of people using kid's credits for adult meals. There have even been some who said the CMs encouraged them to do so. Reports of guests booking two rooms and only putting the DxDDP on one room, then sharing the credits between the two rooms, AND the credits were paid as both adult and kids, but used for everyone for adult meals.

Now, the brochure does still state "kid's must order from the kid's menu where available," so they could decide to enforce this at any time, but for right now, they are not.

Just to report on our time there last week, I don't think they care. We ate at Wolfgang Express, told the lady we had the dining plan before we ordered, let my 8 year old nephew order for himself, and she gave him the adult pizza. All he said was cheese pizza, and I was curious what she would give him, and it was charged and came out as the adult portion.

Whether it's wrong to some or not, he ordered an adult meal for all his QS meals. He is a decent eater, and some of the kids options really aren't that great at certain spots. We decided going in that if they didn't allow it, we didn't care, we would've just paid for it if it's something he wanted.

Hey it benefits the cast member at TS places if they can get an adult meal for the kids because after all they still get tipped and an adult meal will cost more meaning they will get a bigger tip.

We have always shared counter service meals, especially at lunch, when we don't want to be weighed down by a large meal. We are a party of two adults and two children. This year we will be three adults. We will probably still share most meals, using our leftover credits for breakfast. It's very easy to have too much food, even on the QS plan.

Has anyone tried to preorder an adult meal at BOG breakfast for a child? My DS would love to try the donut...

There are so many adult vegetarian options at Disney, but for my vegetarian daughter, it seems that she will be eating either an uncrustable or mac and cheese every day on the dining plan. Has anyone ever asked a cast member for a child sized portion of an adult entree?

Trying to determine if the dining plan is the best option.

My example is for two adults and one child going to a table service that is a buffet. I know on the dining plan, the child would be charged table credit for the buffet whether he eats off the buffet or he is brought a "cheese sandwich" or eats nothing.

If this party is not on the dining plan, what would be the charge for the child if: the child does not eat off the buffet? What if they bring the child a "cheese sandwich"?

I am sure the answer may be different if the buffet is for character meals.

Thanks

Trying to determine if the dining plan is the best option.

My example is for two adults and one child going to a table service that is a buffet. I know on the dining plan, the child would be charged table credit for the buffet whether he eats off the buffet or he is brought a "cheese sandwich" or eats nothing.

If this party is not on the dining plan, what would be the charge for the child if: the child does not eat off the buffet? What if they bring the child a "cheese sandwich"?

I am sure the answer may be different if the buffet is for character meals.

Thanks
For any buffet, characters or not, don't think of the cost being for what you eat, think of it as an entrance fee. ;-)

When we go we get the CS dining plan. some meals, I eat a child's meal, for diet reasons. However there have been meals where the seven-year-old wants something not on the kids meal plan. No one has ever stopped us. For that matter, no one has ever cared. I know the CS Dining Plan isn't a great value but I like having everything paid for in advance.

Booked through AAA, this is what my reservation details look like on MDE:
Guest: 2 Adults, 1 Child (clearly shows her age is 13 on travel party details)
R MYW Pkg +Dining
2016 Table Service Meals-Adult,2016 Counter Service Meals,2016 Table Service Meals-Child
My question is, did travel agent make a mistake in booking that made DD get child credits on dining plan!? She Does Not want to order from kids menu and I have made all dining reservations as 3 Adults!
TIA fir any replies!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!