Kids CS Credits & Menus FAQ & Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes you can pre order an adult CS meal for a child at BOG. You can also do this everywhere else on property. No one cares. We had free dining QS plan. My 9yr old dd ordered both adult and kid meals according to what she wanted to eat that day. We didn't hide her from the CMs. Did I mention no one cares? All CS credits are pooled together and not separated out as adult or child. There are some people on here flaming others for doing this. Disney could easily change how they have it set up and they haven't, so I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Last edited:
During this week, I have tested this about every way that it can be tested. At some restaurants we have ordered three kid's meals. No problem. At some restaurants we've ordered three adult meals. No problem. We've used CS credit to get three snacks at carts and at resort restaurants. Again, no problem. Not a single time has anyone said anything other than how many credits are left. With my being on a diet, I eat off the kid's menu more than the adult menu. The 8-year-old with us often wants from the adult menu. The DD14 can go either way.

When the 8-year-old was having trouble deciding, a CM asked her if she wanted the big hamburger so that she could have the cake because the kid desert choices weren't that good.

Does anyone know if the kids' counter service meals only come with milk or water? That is how most of the menus read but I just cannot believe that the options would be so limited. Surely it doesn't cost Disney more money to give my 8 year old a small cup of lemonade than to give him a carton of milk. Which is incidentally a terrible thing to drink in the middle of a theme park in 90 degree weather.

Does anyone know if the kids' counter service meals only come with milk or water? That is how most of the menus read but I just cannot believe that the options would be so limited. Surely it doesn't cost Disney more money to give my 8 year old a small cup of lemonade than to give him a carton of milk. Which is incidentally a terrible thing to drink in the middle of a theme park in 90 degree weather.
There is usually a child size water, or a child size soda available.

This really intrigues me now. I'm going to have to look back at the QS menus and see if it actually works on our trip in April for my DH, myself and our DS. It's kind of a no brainer to order the adult chicken nugget and fish at Columbia Harbor House that is 11.29 instead of just a kids chicken nugget for 6.99. More savings and more sharing!!!!! Then, I can move a QS meal to breakfast to share instead of paying out off pocket for all of our breakfasts. Sound about right?

This really intrigues me now. I'm going to have to look back at the QS menus and see if it actually works on our trip in April for my DH, myself and our DS. It's kind of a no brainer to order the adult chicken nugget and fish at Columbia Harbor House that is 11.29 instead of just a kids chicken nugget for 6.99. More savings and more sharing!!!!! Then, I can move a QS meal to breakfast to share instead of paying out off pocket for all of our breakfasts. Sound about right?
We did something similar. For a party of 4, we ordered 2 full-size entrees, and had the old plan, so we swapped desserts for extra drinks.

On the new plan, you don't get the extra drink swap unless you use a snack credit.

I was also thinking that this would be beneficial at the resort QS restaurant. At the resort we will be using our refillable mug. So, use 1 QS credit for a meal, I could choose any entree and then swap out the drink for an extra side or dessert. We don't need 2 drinks!!!!!

Goodness all this around QS changes and how to use the children's meals is now totally confusing me.
So if not having a drink you can choose to have something else? How do you know what? Is there a link to what is a side and what is a snack?
I've only just discovered that dessert is not now included so if you don't have a drink with your lunch can you use that for a snack/dessert at dinner or only at the meal where you decline a drink?

Goodness all this around QS changes and how to use the children's meals is now totally confusing me.
So if not having a drink you can choose to have something else? How do you know what? Is there a link to what is a side and what is a snack?
I've only just discovered that dessert is not now included so if you don't have a drink with your lunch can you use that for a snack/dessert at dinner or only at the meal where you decline a drink?

Let me see if I can help clear things up.

QS meal is a counter-type meal where you order and wait for your food then go sit down with it (like McDonald's). On any dining plan, that meal now consists of an entree and drink. If you don't want your drink, you can substitute anything on the menu with a purple snack logo next to it, but it MUST be done when you order with this meal at the same location. You cannot "save" your declined drink for later. You can get a QS meal for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Even though the brochure still says, "kids must order from a kid's menu where available," that is NOT the practice for QS meals. Kids can order adult meals at QS if they choose.

If you have a dining plan that includes a TS, table-service meal, you still get the entree, dessert, and drink. You can use these meals for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. At TS, kids will have to order a kid's meal; there is no loophole here, unless you have the Deluxe Plan, but that's another discussion.

Does that help?

QS meal is a counter-type meal where you order and wait for your food then go sit down with it (like McDonald's). On any dining plan, that meal now consists of an entree and drink. If you don't want your drink, you can substitute anything on the menu with a purple snack logo next to it, but it MUST be done when you order with this meal at the same location. You cannot "save" your declined drink for later. You can get a QS meal for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Even though the brochure still says, "kids must order from a kid's menu where available," that is NOT the practice for QS meals. Kids can order adult meals at QS if they choose.

If you have a dining plan that includes a TS, table-service meal, you still get the entree, dessert, and drink. You can use these meals for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. At TS, kids will have to order a kid's meal; there is no loophole here, unless you have the Deluxe Plan, but that's another discussion.

Does that help?
Definitely does Sharon! When we booked the QSDP was dessert and one snack option so disappointed there's another change! To be honest we want to avoid stress for our grandson with special needs so we will just do whatever is most comfortable for him - he's not a big eater so little and often will actually suit him better. Big thank you again :thanks:

Does anyone know if you can use your TS as you wish? I have a 7 yo and a 12 yo and they would probably want to order from the same menu. So can i use two kid TS credits at one restaurant and two adult TS at the next for my kids?
Thanks in advance!

Does anyone know if you can use your TS as you wish? I have a 7 yo and a 12 yo and they would probably want to order from the same menu. So can i use two kid TS credits at one restaurant and two adult TS at the next for my kids?
Thanks in advance!
I may be wrong but we found that TS meals have to be taken as purchased therefore kids have to choose from kids menu choices.
With QS credits they are just meal credits and children can choose from either. Hopefully someone who has been more recently than us will confirm this for you.

On any dining plan, that meal now consists of an entree and drink. If you don't want your drink, you can substitute anything on the menu with a purple snack logo next to it, but it MUST be done when you order with this meal at the same location. You cannot "save" your declined drink for later.

Oh wow! This is awesome news. We usually just drink water, so the QS locations would allow us to swap the included meal drink out for say, a $5+ dessert or Snack eligible side item?

Oh wow! This is awesome news. We usually just drink water, so the QS locations would allow us to swap the included meal drink out for say, a $5+ dessert or Snack eligible side item?

You quoted me from an old post. The wording of substituting the drink for a snack logo item was removed from the Disney dining brochure. There have been few reports of people still being able to do this. It doesn't mean you cannot, but you will have to ask at EVERY QS location, and be prepared to be told, "no." If you get a "yes," consider it pixie dust and say thank you!

So quick question. My DD is not a big eater, she basically picks most of the day til dinner, yogurts grapes bananas etc are the usual suspects in her diet, we will have the ddp for this trip and I have heard it mentioned that you can use 1 qs credit for 3 snack credits? Is this the true even with her qs obviously being a child's?

Is it up to us whether we will all use our TS credits at dinner or if we choose to pay OOP for some? For instance, my 10 year old picky eater isn't going to be worth using a TS credit on at a lot of restaurants (except buffet of course we would redeem one credit per person). Can we pay for him to order a kids meal or maybe an adult side and save the TS credit for one of us to use at another meal on another day? I'm thinking this should be okay since not everyone dining together necessarily would have the dining plan (only if on the same reservation).

Is it up to us whether we will all use our TS credits at dinner or if we choose to pay OOP for some? For instance, my 10 year old picky eater isn't going to be worth using a TS credit on at a lot of restaurants (except buffet of course we would redeem one credit per person). Can we pay for him to order a kids meal or maybe an adult side and save the TS credit for one of us to use at another meal on another day? I'm thinking this should be okay since not everyone dining together necessarily would have the dining plan (only if on the same reservation).
Yes that should not be an issue at all. As long as the restaurant itself will allow him to order from the kids menu

Does that help?
We are looking at getting the deluxe dining plan and sharing with friends and they have one more disney adult while we have two disney kids. Can you tell me the loophole for deluxe plan please? Specifically can the adult use the child's meals on the plan?

We are looking at getting the deluxe dining plan and sharing with friends and they have one more disney adult while we have two disney kids. Can you tell me the loophole for deluxe plan please? Specifically can the adult use the child's meals on the plan?

I've not done it, but almost every report back to the DIS has been that there is no distinction between adult/child credits on the Deluxe dining plan (3 TS meals, 2 snacks per night). Just like the QSDP, the brochure still states that "kid's must order from the kid's menu where available," but that's not what happens at most restaurants. So if you have 2A/2C on your plan and you want to share with friends, you will probably be able to order 4 adult meals at every restaurant until your credits are gone. At some point, Disney will find a way to close this loophole because it has to be costing them money. As more and more people become aware of it and utilize it, the more it will hover on their radar. For now, you're probably okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!