Kids' dessert question on DDP+ for certain TS restaurants

storey13

Mouseketeer
Hello there DIS family!

I had a question about certain TS restaurants kids menus. We are planning on going for a 10 day trip in late October and my question is about kids' desserts when using DDP+. I'll use 50's Prime Time Cafe as example but there are more restaurants that do have this type of menu.

50's Prime Time Cafe does not have a section titled "Kids/Children desserts like some TS menus do. However they do have a Seasonal Cupcake in the Kids' Create-Your-Own Selections. My question is in this scenario, if my child orders one of the kids' entrees and wants mashed potatoes and corn, does that mean since they did not choose the seasonal cupcake, they do not get a dessert, or can they choose a dessert from the dessert menu?

Thank you for your assistance!

Scifi is (used to be) like this as well. Yes, he can only pick 2 sides total. So potatoes and cupcake or potatoes and corn, but 2 total.

Realistically when you are paying $10 for a meal do not expect a $10 dessert to be included

the 3-9 yo menus are limited and yummy desserts are few and far between

you could always bribe the kid w a snack credit something later, but would assume you would have to share your dessert during dinner

The Dessert menu you posted is part of the adult menu.

The menus at TS restaurants that have a "Kid's Create Your Own" will list entree choices and side choices from which the kids will pick 2. This may include a dessert choice (e.g. at 50's Prime Time a seasonal cupcake) and can be one of the two sides a child chooses. When using a child's dining credit, the child cannot choose from the adult dessert menu unless the diner is willing to pay out of pocket for that dessert.

At all of the restaurants we've been to the Adults' menu and the Kids' menu are separate so it will be easier to see what is included in a child's dining credit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!