Kids...do they want the Ocean Club?

4u2dream

When you wish upon a star, Dreams come true...
Just was wondering if anyone had any good ideas to intro the kids to the club? We are
afraid she will not want to be left by herself in a strange place, even though we no she would have a great time. She's been in daycare since 6 mo's old and loves school. She's going to be 4
on the May16th Wonder Cruise. Your thoughts would be appreciated!:D

My DD was 6 the first time we cruised and had never been left with anyone that she did not know- I worked at her school! What I did was read the navigators with her before I put her to bed at night and she would use a pink highlighter to highlight the activities that she wanted to participate in. I would drop her off at the club and promptly pick her up when that activity was over. I also told her if she didn't like the activity that she could beep me. This worked like a charm because she never beeped me and sometimes she wanted to stay for an activity that she hadn't highlighted.

I think that the key to her happiness was that she didn't feel that I made her do anything- she was the BOSS! In her little mind she was making the decisions even though I got what I wanted in the end- peace and quite and peace of mind knowing that she was happy. I might pep her up before hand by making hints of what was in store for her in the club- watching movies like Peter Pan etc- Go to www.castawayclub.com and look at the navigators for her age group and start pumping her up.
As a treat on the ship - I would take small treats that had to do with each of the main activities and put them on her bed at night as a special treat from Mickey- this will lead her to the club if she thinks that these come from there! Also- take a pillowcase (I took a Pooh) and take it to guest services and they will have all the characters or maybe just her favorite one sign and put this on her pillow the last night of the cruise! Enjoy

Great advise, thanks for sharing your creative ways. Sounds like you had some success!
We will definately follow your lead. Thanks so much!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts