Kids' favorite resort-based character dining experience?

flowergleam1211

Mouseketeer
From a child's perspective, what do you think is the best resort-based character dining experience? This can include the type of characters, quality of entertainment/interaction, quality of food, things to do at the resort afterwards (if you are resort hopping for the meal), etc. My twin children are six years old.

I'm going to say breakfast at Tusker House. All-you-can-eat food, tons of character interaction, and you are inside the park.

My kids like Ohana for Stitch and Topolino's Terrace.

I like them both because they are family style and I don't have to get up 8 million times to get them food. The character interaction at Topolino's is by far the best I've ever experienced.

Only have done a few but our favorite is Ohana. Kids loved the atmosphere characters and especially the food. They still talk about Stitch juice and the bread

My kids it was Chef Mickey. They got to see all of their favorite characters and choose whatever they wanted to eat from the buffet.

Resort-based, definitely Chef Mickey's. You get a lot of characters and some great interaction. The food has also never let us down. The last time we went, it was still family-style (June 2021-hadn't reopened any of the buffets yet), but I've had the buffet pre-shutdown and it was good then too.

And as far as resort entertainment, you can't beat riding the monorail loop for younger kids. My son loved it almost as much as he loved the skyliner.

Our favorite is Chef Mickey’s for dinner. We like that it’s a buffet so we can all pick what we want to eat and the noodles/pot stickers are great. We ate there when it was family style and weren’t impressed but went back again as buffet and thought it was much better. The character interactions are great and our ds loves seeing the monorail

We felt like we had the most/best interaction at the Beach Club character breakfast. Also a lot of interaction at Chef Mickey's. The kids loved the characters at Ohana but interactions felt rushed (and our waitress seemed to keep forgetting about us). The most rushed interactions was at 1900 Park Fare (in 2019; it hasn't reopened yet).

My kid loves Chef Mickey but Tusker is his favorite. He also really likes Ohana becuase of the polynesian vibe/decor.

What characters do your kids like? Our favorites have been Ohana (because my kids love Stitch) and Cape May.

When we were last there with small children, they enjoyed Chef Mickey. The character make an effort to visit every table and rotate through the entire restaurant. We ate dinner at O'hana and never saw any characters. No idea they even had them. Clearly they don't rotate to every table like we saw at Chef Mickey.

Last edited:
When we were last there with small children, they enjoyed Chef Mickey. The character make an effort to visit every table and rotate through the entire restaurant. We at dinner at O'hana and never saw any characters. No idea they even had them. Clearly they don't rotate to every table like we saw at Chef Mickey.
ohana only has characters at breakfast not dinner. at breakfast they do go table to table

^^ OK that makes sense. Others mentioned 'dinner' so I assume that was what the OP was asking about.

Garden grill is great. More character interaction than any other meal imo (sometimes too much -like “ok Mickey let us eat” lol) and the foods family style so no getting up and it’s really good. Plus you can see scenes from the Land. It’s my family’s favorite. Edited to add I just noticed you said resort based, oops lol. For resort, chef Mickrys id say

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter