Kids' light-up shoes

bcla

On our rugged Eastern foothills.....
I always considered them somewhat of a gimmick, but occasionally my kid has worn shoes that have light-up LEDs. Mostly they're ones with sealed batteries where once they're depleted there's no practical replacement other than new shoes.

However, more recently I've bought some light up shoes that actually have micro-USB ports and dual micro-USB charging cables. They were the Energy Lights series form Sketchers, and mostly I got them because they seemed to be more durable (my kid hasn't chewed up the toes like with other shoes) and they were cheap. They are a bit heavy though. One problem is that the LEDs seem to fail in weird ways. Some are completely out, but maybe 5 in a row. They also have various patterns, where a button cycles through them. Some of the colors are different when they're supposed to either be the same color or where the cycling pattern has definitely shifted. I also wonder what happens when they get wet - especially how safe they are with a lithium-ion battery.

not really what you are tlkaing about, but about 20 years ago, I was walking thru (Acme-Click)(think really cheap store) and they have a big bebin of tenna shoes(think he must be from ohio to call shoes tenna)but they were velcro, I know old people show but I loved them, anyway, I glanced thru it and they had a pair of 13 (my day going perfect) so I laid down my 5 and took them bad boys home, only to find out they were the kind that light up in the heels, LOL

I had a pair of light up shoes when they first came out in the early 90s. I also had a pair of Kim Possible shoes that lit up in the early 2000s. :teeth: I can't help with the new ones.

not really what you are tlkaing about, but about 20 years ago, I was walking thru (Acme-Click)(think really cheap store) and they have a big bebin of tenna shoes(think he must be from ohio to call shoes tenna)but they were velcro, I know old people show but I loved them, anyway, I glanced thru it and they had a pair of 13 (my day going perfect) so I laid down my 5 and took them bad boys home, only to find out they were the kind that light up in the heels, LOL

Please tell me that you wore them! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

DH bought each boy a pair of these last winter. Have they charged them since their first few wears? Nope. Thankfully I bought them at the Sketchers store with a B1G1 50% off promotion.

As for getting them wet, it rains here in the south, so lots of puddles. There have been no issues with ours. But then my boys fail to charge them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!