Kids menu at Hollywood Brown Derby?

LibrarianBecky

Mouseketeer
I've got a lunch ADR scheduled for our HS day at Hollywood Brown Derby. We've never eaten there before, and the menu looks interesting to me. I really want to try the cobb salad and the grapefruit cake! My question is--will they allow my 12 year old son to order off the kids menu? He eats a good number of things, but looking at the HBD regular menu, I don't see many/any things I think he would enjoy. I know you can order off the kids menu at quick service places, but will a signature restaurant like HBD allow a 12 year old to order off the kids menu?

If it matters, we will be paying out of pocket (not on the dining plan).

Thank you!

I've got a lunch ADR scheduled for our HS day at Hollywood Brown Derby. We've never eaten there before, and the menu looks interesting to me. I really want to try the cobb salad and the grapefruit cake! My question is--will they allow my 12 year old son to order off the kids menu? He eats a good number of things, but looking at the HBD regular menu, I don't see many/any things I think he would enjoy. I know you can order off the kids menu at quick service places, but will a signature restaurant like HBD allow a 12 year old to order off the kids menu?

If it matters, we will be paying out of pocket (not on the dining plan).

Thank you!

Yes. I've never had a problem with children ordering from the kids' menu, on or off the dining plan @ HBD.
Have fun at this locale!

We have never run into an issue with 11yo and 14 yo ordering from the kids menu. We pay OOP, no dining plan.

I can assure you 12 y.o. can order off the kids menu.. as this 48 y.o. kid did. I just wasn't too hungry and it is allowed. Probably half of my meals at WDW/DLR are kids meals..most off of counter service menu. We never do the dining plan so we payed cash also.

During our August 2017 trip, my two DS's (ages 11 and 12 at the time) were given the option to order off kids menus everywhere we had a TS meal (the waitstaff would ask about the kids menu without prompting from us). The usually declined and ordered from the adult menu. However, they really liked the kid's menu options during our Brown Derby lunch and ordered from it for a change...so, in short, yes, your kids should be able to order from that menu even if they're technically "Disney adults".

and remember, relax, your at Disney, we have a very picky DD, one year, miss picky was in fine form, waitress told her "don't worry you're at Disney what do you want", she said buttered noodles, no problem, buttered angel hair pasta arrived. Waitress saved the day, we tipped her well! DD still talks about it, must have been 10 years ago, it was still MGM Studios

and remember, relax, your at Disney, we have a very picky DD, one year, miss picky was in fine form, waitress told her "don't worry you're at Disney what do you want", she said buttered noodles, no problem, buttered angel hair pasta arrived. Waitress saved the day, we tipped her well! DD still talks about it, must have been 10 years ago, it was still MGM Studios

Yep, the same thing happened to us at garden grill. My picky dd did not eat anything and our server brought her a platter of chicken nuggets (which were not on the menu)

Yes, my DD mostly orders from the kids menu. We always use the DxDP and I have noticed at many restaurants, especially the signature dining restaurants, they will give her an extra large portion of whatever she orders (we have never asked for it, they just do it...and sadly, she really just wants the kid size. Shes not a big eater).

Not sure if they would give the large portion if your paying OOP, but you can definitely order from the kids menu if youre a teen, and I imagine even an adult.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!