Kids QS when there's no kids meal options?

pannm

Mouseketeer
I've been reading (several different places) that there have been some big issues with switching over the kids QS meals when it comes to restaurants that don't have a kids meal option. We have 2 or 3 locations that we plan to eat at that don't offer kids meals, we are on the QS dinning plan and there's no way I want to be charged an adult credit for her meal just because nothing is available for kids at that location...

Gastons Tavern
Caseys
Boulangerie Patisserie

What do they do, so kids aren't charged the adult credit? Has this been an issue yesterday and today that will probably be fixed fairly soon? Or do you think Disney just doesn't care about it and they'll keep charging an adult credit?

I’ve only seen one actual report from Casey’s. They could purchase nothing. There was no button to press to use a child credit.
they need to resolve this asap

I was wondering this too. I was actually wondering if we could just use kid credits there instead of adult since they have no kids menu.

I was wondering this too. I was actually wondering if we could just use kid credits there instead of adult since they have no kids menu.

And this is one reason why they probably aren't allowing kid's credits at all at these places. You would still be doing what was happening before: paying for a child credit and getting adult meals. My prediction is these restaurants will have a kid's option before the month is over even if all they offer is an uncrustable.

Well that's better than nothing. I have a 4yr old on the qsdp and 2 twin girls (will be almost two when we go). They eat a lot so I'm looking for bigger kid meals to split.

Well that's better than nothing. I have a 4yr old on the qsdp and 2 twin girls (will be almost two when we go). They eat a lot so I'm looking for bigger kid meals to split.

The childrens meals are not usually large, but they are inexpensive. If you need to feed three kids and only one is covered on the plan, I would buy kids meals or look at splitting my adult meal with one of them. For my family, the adult meals are generally large enough to share and if I had a young one I would most likely do that, share my meal rather than try to share a kids meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!