Kids shoe help!

Minniemom2girls

Earning My Ears
I have seen plenty of posts about adult shoes but I would like some advice on comfortable kids shoes. I have two dd's ages 6 and 5. They own about 40 pair of sandles;) but their gym shoes are just Keds like shoes that we bought at Kohl's. I want them to be comfortable and not have leg aches at the end of each day. They hate gym shoes so they need to be "cute" enough to pass their inspection and inexpensive enough that I can buy two pair and not break the bank - HELP!!!

Christy:jester:

i am also interested in comfortable kids shoes. i want something that will be comfortable and give lots of support.

I've been wondering the same thing myself. I'm not worried about my DD because she'll be in the stroller mostly (I hope), but my DS will be walking and his feet are just as important (If not more so) than mine and DH's. He really likes sandels, but I don't know if I can find him good ones that aren't too expensive...he'll outgrow them by next summer and we're going to WDW in Oct, so he won't be wearing them too long.

We have allways bought cheep sandals with alot of foam on the sole of the foot and brought a pair of broken in tennis shoes for back up. The foam is very cooshy on there feet and they have padded ones with velcro and look like tevas for 10-30 dollars at most stores. My kids have been 6 times and weve only had 3 blisters in all of those trips! Hope this helps someone.:p

Hi,
I have gone with relatives who had cheapy flip flops or "bo-bo" sneakers, and boy we all had to pay for that mistake with unhappy, whiney kids who wanted to stay back at the hotel so they wouldnt have to walk!!!!

The sneaker sole sandals have seemed to work best for t he kids I have gone with. A pair of decent sneakers also seems to be a must with comfy socks. Sandals work great to beat the heat and also when it rains!! THey have expensive ones by NIKE and stuff, but the ones at Payless or walmart also seem to be fine as long as they have the sneaker type thick sole. They do have cute ones!!!!! Make sure you have a spare pair of shoes though, wet sneakers are no fun to walk in!!! If your kids have sore spots from their shoes, put mole skin, blister relief or bandaids on the spots before the blister appears and leave it on till it falls off (hurts to pull off a sore spot) but dont let it float around the pool!!!:bounce:

Thanks for the tips. My DS wears those sandals with the sneaker soles all summer, but I was nervous they may not be okay for all that walking. Thanks again.

i have really small feet and can sometime buy childrens shoes!:D anyway, i just bought a new pair at kmart for my trip to disney this summer. they only cost $10.99 so they wont break the bank! they are made by spaulding. i wear them all the time to break them in and my feet have never hurt from them! hope this helps!

Hi...we have 4 kids and shoes and sore feet are ALWAYS and issue that we take great care with. After all who wants to spend a week with hurting toes.

For sandals I recommend Tevas. They have a great arch support and handle sweat and water well. The backs and sides are padded and don't rub on kids feet. (The adult ones are wonderful as well) www.tevas.com

As for tennis shoes, we always try to purchase the kids new tennis shoes several weeks before our trip so that they can break them in. Nike, Addias and Reebok all have great kids shoes!

I used to never think about good footwear for my kids until a doctor once told me that you need to be aware of good shoes for them as their feet are still in the growing stages! So now...we bite the bullet, pay the extra money and hope that it helps as they become adults. Good Luck!

I'd suggest you check for a Stride Rite in your area and get your kids fitted a few weeks to a month before your trip. There's a Stride Rite in my area with a manager who is very knowledgeable about both fit and also about the shoes they sell. She recommends shoes depending on the child's developmental stage and has always provided very reliable information. I can look at 3 pairs of sandals and not see much difference, but she can point out about 10 reasons why one pair is preferable. Certainly not every employee at every Stride Rite is an expert, but I think in general you can at least expect quality shoe choices. I know there are other sources of quality shoes as well, but my experience has been that Stride Rite is a 'sure thing.'

Good luck and happy walking!

Thank you all for your help! I am going out tomorrow to look for some comfy shoes! BuzzLightyear - I, too am in Cincinnati - which store do you go to? I also love scrapbooking!!! :-)

Christy

Christy....wow, small world :), I didn't even pay any attention to where you were from. We live in Anderson Township. The lady that manages the Eastgate Stride Rite is great. She checks the kids shoes all the time, and she honestly tells me when they haven't outgrown them yet so that we can save some money.

Haven't done much scrapbooking for a while....went back to work about 9 months ago....but I think about it a lot and save everything for some day in the future when I have time.

Where do you live in Cinti? When are you going to Disney? We're heading down in early June with a DS--just turned 8, DD--just turned 4, and another DS who will be 2 in August.

Linda:)

Linda,

We are neighbors! I just live in Withamsville, right past 275 and Beechmont Ford! We are leaving June 12 for 7 days at WLV and then 7 days at Disney's Vero Beach. We are DVC members and Disney is truly our passion!! I have two daughters - ages 5 and 6. We are actually in the Anderson Twshp soccer league and play with kids from Summit. Small World! I am working on a teacher scrapbook now so Scraps, etc has been my home for several weeks! :-) E-mail me and we'll talk more! Momof2girls@msn.com

Christy

P.S. I was just at the Eastgate Stride Rite last night :-)
They should give you a referral discount!:pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!