Kids Shoe Subscription

4kids4karen

DIS Veteran
I don’t have Little’s but a relative is asking about this for her toddler and preschooler. Have you heard of this? Do you think it is a good deal?

It’s called EASY KICKS. It’s $20 a month and you get a pair of shoes and then trade them whenever you want. If you keep a pair for 90 days you don’t have to return them but can still get a new pair.

The concept is kids feet grow fast and some kids are rough on shoes so you can always get a new pair. I am interested in your thoughts on this subscription.

The shoes you can choose from are Nike and Converse.

I don't know. It sounds like a lot of money ($240) for a year of kids' shoes. Maybe my DD just didn't outgrow her shoes that quickly, nor did she wear them out unless they were cheap ones. And there are going to be some styles not offered, so likely to incur additional expenses anyway. Maybe it works for some families, though.

Agree with PP, I have kids that are constantly growing and I doubt I spend $240/year on two kids shoes which includes new shoes for school plus I purchase again mid year since they wear them out so fast. We usually buy Nikes and Adidas and I have to say, kids wear them out and beat them up, it doesn't make a difference if you get $50 nikes or $25 generic shoes, they all fall apart so fast. I do the Off Broadway sales with the BOGO or buy one get one 50% off. That's the only way to buy kids shoes.

Maybe if you had a kid that was really in to sneakers. For me, I don't think it would be worth it. I don't think I spend $20 a month on my kids shoes (that includes sneakers and dress shoes for three kids).

I can't imagine this being worthwhile. Even when my kids were toddlers we weren't buying shoes that often. And when they were preschoolers they only went through maybe two pairs a school year. No way are we spending enough to make that worthwhile. I'm not even sure we're spending enough on shoes for the whole family in a year to make it to $240. (We always buy shoes from the outlet mall, generally on their clearance rack.)

I had never heard of this company. I did a quick check. Bottom line is you would NOT get your money's worth out of this.
I took 3 shoes at random from their web site and looked up the equivalent prices on zappos. If you kept/got new shoes every 90 days, you'd have to "get" more than $60 worth of shoes each time to make this worth while.

Nike Downshifter 7 ----- (MSRP: $60) -- price on zappos: $40-$50
Chuck Taylor All Stars ------ price on zappos: $30-$40
Nike Flex Contact ------ (MSRP: $53) -- price on zappos: $38-$65 (most under $50)

The selection on the site is VERY limited compared to what I could get on all of zappos, not to mention at any other store. You're basically locked into some choices of Nikes and a few Chuck Taylors. That's it.

To quote every contestant ever on 'Deal or No Deal': NO DEAL!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!