Kids using devices onboard

MalkaR

Mouseketeer
I installed the app on my son's phone so he'd be able to message me onboard as well as check schedules, etc, and went to make him an account but it would not allow me to make him his own account, I guess he's too young. I don't really feel comfortable allowing him access to my account. How are kids using the app? Just fudge the birthdate a bit? Is there a way to allow use the app without a sign in?

Once you are onboard, your son should be able to access the app without having an account. I am not sure, though, since my daughter was over 13 on our last few cruises.

The app will function on-board without need for an account, so long as he is connected to the ship’s wifi. He will have to enter DoB, stateroom and last name, and he’ll get access to the on-board functionalitit’s.

Also if your child has self check in and check out privileges from the kids club, you will get a notification every time he or she checks in or out. Not sure which ship you are on, but if you are on one of the classics then it’s actually pretty easy to find and keep up with people even without technology.

You should be aware that the "chat" feature of the App doesn't "push" messages through you have to open the app and refresh the message section to see if you have received any messages. It isn't like texting or iMessage where it shows up immediately. The app has to be open and active for them to go through.

I believe you get a code you have to enter in on their chat app in order to set it up for them and they get their own chat number. But the secret code must be entered first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter