Kidsuites at Universal hotels? Rates?

dutton

Mouseketeer
Which hotels have the kidsuites at Universal? What are the best rates available? What type of rooms are they? How many people do they sleep? We are interested in maybe doing 2 or 3 nights at Universal and then 2 or 3 nights at Disney. I think that staying on site at Universal may be the way to go with the front of the line pass program. We have 4 kids so 2 rooms may be the best option. Thanks for the help!

We stayed in a Kid Suite at HRH a couple years ago. It was nice, but I didn't think it was worth the money. It had a king bed and living room area in one room and two twins in another room. I think our youngest was still in a crib at that time, so we fit the five of us. Depending on the ages of your kids, you might need two roll-aways (which I believe cost $25/night each.) I think there might be room for one rollaway in the kids room; I don't think you'd be able to get two rollaways in there, but I could be wrong. If you can get two rooms for equal to or less than the cost of the Kid Suite, I'd do that; it'd also give you the advantage of a 2nd bathroom. Only problem with that approach is that I don't think they'll guarantee adjoining rooms. If the Kid Suites had a kitchen area, or a refrigerator and a washer/dryer unit, it'd be well worth it; but they don't have any of that. Basically, they're just a spacious hotel room with a separate room for the kids......nice, but again, we didn't think it was worth the money. If you can get a good rate, it'd be good, but we paid rack rate, and it didn't seem worth it. It is definitely worth it to stay on site somewhere though!

I was quoted $420 a night for a kids suite at the HRH for Feb 5th-Feb 8th. Seemed like it'd be cheaper to get two rooms for that price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter