Killing 2 Birds With One Stone (updated 1/28)

mickeystoontown

DIS Veteran
Just wanted to pop in and let you know that I've been reading along but forgetting to post. Or would get distracted before I could post. Life! Anyway, I'm enjoying seeing a different park and reading about your adventures.

rndmr2

DIS Veteran
Just wanted to pop in and let you know that I've been reading along but forgetting to post. Or would get distracted before I could post. Life! Anyway, I'm enjoying seeing a different park and reading about your adventures.
Thank you! Glad to know someone is reading 😊

GatorMomInNC

DIS Veteran
Thanks so much for this review. We just booked at the Santa Fe for June - our first visit to DLP and we are so excited and there is nothing like reading a trip review to really get a fee for what we will see. Looking forward to the rest of your review!!!

rndmr2

DIS Veteran
When I left off, we had just finished lunch. Here are a couple pics of the inside of the restaurant.

We decided to head into Fantasyland. The rain had slowed to a drizzle and we walked around looking at the various wait times. I did use the app some too for wait times. IASW had the shortest wait at the time so we headed there. I just love this ride. The song doesn't even annoy me. It was strange starting out the ride outside.

Thought this was a cool fountain out in front of the ride.

Get ready for a plethora of Small World pictures:

Continued in next post

rndmr2

DIS Veteran
When I left off, we had just gone on It's a Small World and I took too many pictures. When we came out, it had stopped raining and was even looking like it was clearing up some. It was still pretty cold though.

We saw people going down this path off to the side and then others coming out so I looked on the map to see what was down there. It was the Canal boat ride and the Casey Jr train. We headed down and saw some cast members at the canal boat area but the ride was still down but Casey Jr was up and running so off we went. The line wasn't too bad, 10-15 minutes. Somehow I was expecting this to be a regular little train ride, I guess I didn't research this one all that much but it was a cute zippy little coaster type thing. Somewhere along the scale of Barnstormer at WDW but the track is flat to the ground and not in the air, the ground is hilly and curvy. Not a thrill ride by any means, LOL I was going to strangle my husband if he tried to get out of this one (I admit I half expected him to after he saw it :rotfl: ) The seats are really small (kid size) so we each got our own. A few pics.

After Casey, we walked around some more and took in the atmosphere. It is just so pretty there, even with the stinky weather. I love Fantasyland, it's my favorite area at WDW too. We saw that the wait for Snow White was fairly manageable so we got in line. I think it was about 20 minutes. It was basically the same as the one in Florida a few differences. One thing I remember is they don't have the scene with her lying on the slab with the Dwarfs and animals all around her.

The outside of the building and the queue, beautiful attention to details:

Love the Castle:

A nice little touch:

P1010305.JPG

P1010307.JPG

After Snow white we decided to head out. The only thing left that I really wanted to see was Peter Pan but that line was too long, like 90 minutes or something like that and we were cold and tired. Plus we were leaving the next day and had not packed a thing :scared1:

On the way out I did stop in a couple stores and got some souvenirs for a few people. I got Christmas Ornaments for my MIL and my hubby's Aunt and Uncle and his 2nd cousin (who they call "Aunt") I liked them so much I got one for us, too. Plus I got a cure Advent Calendar for our nephews and some candy to put in it. It was really cute, a triangular/Christmas Tree shaped box that had all little drawers that you put things in for each day. I wish there was time to find different things to put in but the candy did the job and they were cute little chocolates with Disney characters on them. It was decent tasting chocolate, too I must say (I ate the few that were left after I filled the calendar. I also got an Olaf mug, it's really cute. I will post pics when I get a chance to take pics of it and the ornament.

I love the blown glass. I found out in the last couple months that a guy I work with does or used to do glass blowing, so cool..

More Christmas decorations on the way out:

Next up, going home... :sad1: :sad2::sad:

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.