Kind of a bummer when all your plans are made

Cramden

DIS Veteran
Half the fun for me is tweaking my plans to get that hard to get ADR or switch it to a more ideal time. I leave for Clearwater tomorrow and will be at Disney in 4 days but my planning is done. My ADRs are solid as are my FP plans. Now what??What do you do when everything is lined up perfectly and there's no more tweaking to be done?

I was waiting to check what bounce back offers are available in February so not quite ready to work on those plans.

Think about all the fun you are going to have! When my plans are solidified I focus on packing, making sure everything is set at home before we leave (wash the sheets, etc). I love coming home to a perfectly clean house. Maybe have some sort of meal ready for our first dinner home (pasta or something easy like that).

Have a great trip!

Thanks!

I'm spending the first week solo before my wife and daughter join me. I was planning on a few beach days and but looks like the Red Tide will be curtailing that. Thinking I'll just do a bit of work around our place and some Pub Hopping with a friend in Dunedin until I head to Orlando.

I'm so used to checking a few times a day on my Disney plans so it's an adjustment. :-)

When I get to that point of planning, that's usually when I end up shuffling a bunch of stuff around. I do that at least 2 or 3 times in the year of planning I have leading up to each trip.

Half the fun for me is tweaking my plans to get that hard to get ADR or switch it to a more ideal time. I leave for Clearwater tomorrow and will be at Disney in 4 days but my planning is done. My ADRs are solid as are my FP plans. Now what??What do you do when everything is lined up perfectly and there's no more tweaking to be done?

I was waiting to check what bounce back offers are available in February so not quite ready to work on those plans.

When I’m at your point I watch the weather forecast from as many sites as possible. Local news, national services, 5 day, 10 day...anything goes. Of course I know the forecast is barely relevant even day of, but it’s what I do.

Thanks!

I'm spending the first week solo before my wife and daughter join me. I was planning on a few beach days and but looks like the Red Tide will be curtailing that. Thinking I'll just do a bit of work around our place and some Pub Hopping with a friend in Dunedin until I head to Orlando.

I'm so used to checking a few times a day on my Disney plans so it's an adjustment. :-)
ENJOY your trip!:thumbsup2 Do you live in Clearwater or are you visiting a friend who lives in the Clearwater area, what is the latest on the Red Tide?:confused:
Hope that it goes away soon, since last fall is a long time and the beaches there are so beautiful! Before I read about Red Tide a few months ago, was thinking of hitting Clearwater Beach before our October F&W Trip..not doing that now unfortunately.:scared1:

ENJOY your trip!:thumbsup2 Do you live in Clearwater or are you visiting a friend who lives in the Clearwater area, what is the latest on the Red Tide?:confused:
Hope that it goes away soon, since last fall is a long time and the beaches there are so beautiful! Before I read about Red Tide a few months ago, was thinking of hitting Clearwater Beach before our October F&W Trip..not doing that now unfortunately.:scared1:

Thanks!!

We live in Massachusetts but have a home in Clearwater. I try to get down 4 times a year which has allowed us to get Florida Resident Passes for Disney. I've been following the Red Tide for a few weeks. Some days it's fine and others pretty bad. We were down last September, December, February and April and had no issues on Clearwater Beach with Red Tide.

Here's a link to a Beach Webcam of Clearwater Beach. You can see how dark and murky the water is today. It's sad but people are still going in the water, albeit much fewer than normal.

https://www.visitstpeteclearwater.com/webcams

Here's a link showing the current conditions of all the area beaches up and down the Gulf Coast.

https://www.visitstpeteclearwater.com/current-beach-conditions

Thanks!!

We live in Massachusetts but have a home in Clearwater. I try to get down 4 times a year which has allowed us to get Florida Resident Passes for Disney. I've been following the Red Tide for a few weeks. Some days it's fine and others pretty bad. We were down last September, December, February and April and had no issues on Clearwater Beach with Red Tide.

Here's a link to a Beach Webcam of Clearwater Beach. You can see how dark and murky the water is today. It's sad but people are still going in the water, albeit much fewer than normal.

Here's a link showing the current conditions of all the area beaches up and down the Gulf Coast.

We have canceled our plans to go back to Anna Maria Island, south of Tampa/ St Pete because of Red Tide. We will be going to St Augustine followed by our next trip to WDW.

Thanks!!

Hope for you since you own in Clearwater that the situation resolved quickly. Thanks:goodvibes for providing the links for the most detailed recent up to date status on Red Tide of many West coach beaches.

Hope for you since you own in Clearwater that the situation resolved quickly. Thanks:goodvibes for providing the links for the most detailed recent up to date status on Red Tide of many West coach beaches.

I appreciate that. Thanks! :-)

I feel so much better knowing I'm not alone in doing this!:)
I always said a premium on how many table service restaurants I eat at. And I always limited by like let's say 6 5 or 7. When I get to Disney I'll sit there and say to myself I want to add one more table service restaurant just for the heck of it LOL I always do this and drive myself crazy it's so funny. I know your pain LOL

I just finished a GREAT trip to Disney and am now in Clearwater for the remainder of vacation. For those previously in this thread wondering about Clearwater Beach and Red Tide here is a pic from yesterday. Talking to some locals they said there's only been 1 day that was truly bad. 20180927_123929_resized.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter