Kingdom Keepers....Movie?

TTAallday7

Earning My Ears
Hello Everyone!! I don't know about everyone else but I'm in LOVE with the Kingdom Keepers books. I am currently reading the last book in the first series Kingdom Keepers the Insider. Why have't there been any movies made of this so far? I think if there were movies made of this series it would be just as big as Harry Potter and kids would fall in love with the Disney Parks and not just the characters. Thoughts?

I am reading the Kingdom Keepers series as well. I am also on the last book in the first series and am almost finished. I would love for them to make them into movies!! Are you listening Disney? :P

Kingdom Keepers is a very well writtern book that adults can enjoy aswell as Kids which is amazing!

there was rumors of a movie, not sure if it ever will ammount to anything.

ive been a fan of the idea of using the Night at the Museum in Disney idea!
heres my idea;

"Disney Imagineers are currently in the middle of building a new egyptian attraction to fit into the Epcot: World Showcase, the imagineers contact the British National Museum to obtain the tablet of ahkmenrah to add a sense of mystique to the attraction. As Larry Dailey is asked to escourt the tablet to Florida to ensure its safe arrival and installation.

Larry not wanting to face a "6foot" mouse costume turns one of the cubes round to stop the parks from coming to life. the next day the Imagineers are installing the tablet when one of them flips the cube back round and the tablet is placed behind reinforced glass to protect it. Larry goes to check on the tablet before his flight is due to leave, when he sees the tablet has been pieced together, he knows he must stay longer as a night watchmen and ensure the attractions within Disney World remain hidden."

if they did this it would be amazing! they could even have a sequel where they move the tablet to Animal Kingdom and theres more than just the animals to contend with!

also whos excited for the prequel!

The Return (Prequel)
Author of the Kingdom Keepers Series is making a prequel series to this popular Series, called The Return.[19] This book will have the Kingdom Keepers go back to 1955, opening day of Disneyland, California.

I love the Kingdom Keepers books and have read them all except the last one from the 1st series. It would be amazing if they started a series of Kingdom Keepers movies based on the books like Harry Potter and I know it would be a huge success.

Resurrecting an old thread here, but at D23 last week Ridley Pearson, the author of Kingdom Keepers, said during an interview with on of the podcasters broadcasting live from the Expo, that a deal had been made to work on a script treatment for Kingdom Keepers. No guarantee that it will ever actually be filmed, but the first step towards a movie has been taken.

I tried reading it and couldn't get into it. By Chapter 2, I had closed the book. But I'm sure there are enough young adults out there who enjoy the book enough to make it worth their while to make a movie.

Resurrecting an old thread here, but at D23 last week Ridley Pearson, the author of Kingdom Keepers, said during an interview with on of the podcasters broadcasting live from the Expo, that a deal had been made to work on a script treatment for Kingdom Keepers. No guarantee that it will ever actually be filmed, but the first step towards a movie has been taken.
Thanks for sharing that. :)

This makes me happy! :yay: I am just now finishing the last book in the first series.

I would personally love to see this film made by Disney itself....maybe all the inaccuracies in the books will be fixed. I don't think Kingdom Keepers would ever be as big as Potter, but that's only because there was a HUGE fan following of the Potter books before the movies were released. Unfortunately, Kingdom Keepers is not extremely popular...although I hope I'd be proven wrong, because I'd love to see a Disney series achieve such a cult following. :) If we could get Terry Gilliam to write and direct...I think we'd be on the right track. :cloud9:

I loved the books. I finished the last book the week of Disneyland's birthday. It was neat it fell like that.

I would love to see this turn into a movie. I sure hope they do.

My second grader & I are reading this series together- we would love to see it as a movie!

I think Disney should make a Kingdom Keepers movie series. They're already releasing live-action remakes of classics that could potentially be characters, like Maleficent (one of the primary antagonists). Besides, they are DISNEY, they could make a movie about anything, and people would go see it.

There was a movie called "Magic Kingdom" that was supposed to be helmed by Jon Favreau that sounded very similar to Kingdom Keepers. I think Favreau ended up doing Jungle Book instead so I think this got back-burnered. It sounded cool though.

I have been trying to get my son to read this series for years! I just love the idea (hint when he's done I get to read them lol). Anyways he has always rolled his eyes...anyways this summer the series is on his summer reading list!!! What luck! Now he has to read it lol...hoping he gets into it and then they make the movie lol

I don't think a movie can happen any more. :(
Sadly Disney closed down most of the attractions that are included in the books such as The Great Movie Ride,.... :(
unless they create sets to recreate the ride... But that I think might be expensive.

I don't think a movie can happen any more. :(
Sadly Disney closed down most of the attractions that are included in the books such as The Great Movie Ride,.... :(
unless they create sets to recreate the ride... But that I think might be expensive.
Or they can just redo that scene into a different attraction such as; Indiana Jones (The show), Star Tours, or maybe even Dinosaur!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!