Kirby's Krewe - Prelim thru Day 1

Kirby

DIS Veteran
This is an overdue Spring Break trip report.

Cast:

Me - WDW fan
DH - doesn't like crowds
DS - 11 years old
DD - 9 years old

This trip really started its beginnings back in August 1999. We had just got back from a very laid back trip to the Houston-Galveston area. My DH, who had told me he wasn't planning on returning to WDW after our first trip in June, 1996 because "he wasn't going to pay that much money to stand in line", said to me "How about going to WDW over Spring Break?". After picking my jaw up off of the floor, I foolishly asked him "Why?". Well,come to find out, he did not have as good a time on our trip as the rest of us and wanted us to go somewhere better. After assuring him that, yes, I did want to return to WDW, I began making plans.

I am not usually much of a procrastinator, especially when it comes to planning trips, but I waited until the last week in December to make reservations. We had stayed at CBR in '96 (and loved it) but thought we would try and save some money this time. I tried to get into AS Movies but they were full. So we booked for AS Sports. I chose UMP's and had the room and passes paid for by the end of January. What a relief! No bills when we got back.

I was pretty new to the Net and had not found the DIS until we got back. There are so many tips that would have been useful had I known them. Oh well, back to the story....

The week before we were to leave, both my DS and DD came down with strep. Our nice doctor also gave my DH and I prescriptions just in case we got sick too.

Saturday, March 11, I hopped out of bed about 3:00 a.m. and woke the rest of the crew. We were off and running by 4:00. We had been told by friends who had driven to WDW before that we needed to be up and out early. About 16 miles down the road we kept feeling that we had forgot something. Did we turn off the coffee pot? No, we didn't have any yet this morning. What could it be? Oh my, the credit card! We needed it just in case our cash ran out. So we do a U-turn and back we go. About 4:30 we are back on our way.

We stopped in Vicksburg, MS at the travel center on the Mississippi River for pics. What an awesome sight!

Our drive was fairly uneventfull for the rest of the day. Thank God for TV/VCR's for the car. We arrived in Tallahassee about 8:00 p.m. EST and got a room at a Holiday Inn. We took our cooler into the room, made a quick dinner and off to bed we went.

Isnt it funny how we always forget something. Lucky you remembered it before you were to far to turn back. When you stayed in Tallahassee you were only a few miles from us. We live just over the Ga line.

<FONT COLOR=Red> Co-Chat Mistress</font>
<FONT COLOR=Red>Instructional Chat Co-Host
</FONT>
<font color=Blue> Co-Moderator Trip Reports Board</font> <font color=green>http://www.wdwinfo.com/merchandise/index.shtml</font>
mickey87.gif
jump.cgi

At least you were close enough to turn around. Thanks for posting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter