Kix Cereal

TinkerPixie

Really,Really Cute!
I need some kind of recipe for using this cereal. Anyone know of any cookies or bars that include them? The story is...........I bought 2 big boxes on sale, and we tried them. Bleghhhh! No taste to them. I hate to throw away 2 perfectly good boxes of cereal. Any ideas?:wave:

I've included them in Chex mix. It seems to me that the kids preferred them in one of the sweeter versions. When I do this, though, I still use the Chex. I just replace the pretzels or just divide equally the various cereals.

Since they're corn, I bet they'd be kind of good in one of those caramel popcorn ball recipes. D'ya think?

Will check around for any "real" recipes, though.

d

There doesn't seem to be a recipes section at generalmills.com & their search capability is down right now.
On the other hand, this URL has some interesting looking recipes for Chex!
http://www.generalmills.com/chex/recipes/default.asp?secID=1

Found this one at:
http://paml.alastra.com/recipes/snacks/trail-mix.html
Hazelnut Trail Mix

6 cups Kix cereal
1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped or whole, roasted hazelnuts
1 cup golden raisins
1 cup banana chips
1 small package non-instant vanilla pudding
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup peanut butter

Mix cereal, nuts, raisins and banana chips together. In saucepan,
combine vanilla pudding and honey; bring to a boil and boil 30
seconds. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter; mix well. Pour
over cereal mix and mix until coated. Put on cookie sheet to cool.

OK - Now we're cooking with gas! I did a search at AltaVista on recipes AND Kix. I got a bunch of hits. I'm pasting in the URL. It says it found 116 hits. Hope you find something good!
http://www.altavista.com/sites/search/web?q=Kix+AND+recipes&pg=q&kl=en&search=Search

I know we had one that was similar to making rice krispy treats only using Kix. I'll keep looking! Maybe this will give you and idea though.

:bounce: CARAMELED CEREAL

In top of double boiler over hot water, heat 28 vanilla caramels in 2
tablespoons water, stirring frequently,
until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth. Pour caramel mixture over 5
cups Kix cereal; mix gently.
Drop mixture by spoonfuls onto waxed paper. let stand until firm. About 3
dozen candies

:bounce: CRUNCHY CEREAL BALLS
8 Cups Kix Cereal
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 tbsp. margarine or butter
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
food color if desired

Butter large bowl. Place cereal in bowl. Mix the sugar, corn syrup, margarine and
salt in 1 quart saucepan. Heat to rolling boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until
the sugar is dissolved; remove from heat. Stir in the vanilla and food color. Pour syrup
over cereal, stirring until well coated; cool slightly.
Shape mixture firmly into 3-inch balls with buttered hands. Place on waxed paper. Cool
completely. Wrap in plastic wrap.

Makes 1 dozen balls

:bounce: Savory Snack Mix
3 cups unsalted popped popcorn
3 cups Kix cereal
1 cup salted peanuts
1 cup thin pretzel sticks
1/3 cup margarine or butter
1/2 tsp seasoned salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon'
1/4 tsp red pepper sauce
Heat oven to 350°. Mix popcorn, cereal, peanuts,and pretzels in ungreased rectangular pan, 13x9x2. Heat margarine over low heat until melted;remove from heat. Stir in remaining ingredients. Pour over cereal mixture; mix until well coated. Bake 15 minutes stirring twice. Turn into heatproof bowl, cool. store loosely covered.

Thanks ckocot!

These may be just what I am looking for. The caramel recipe sounds so good!

:wave:

The recipe for the crunchy cereal balls are yummy,i have made them before.
I have also used Kix in place of rice krispies for the marshmallow treats recipe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter