Knee surgeries and table space

Fast Pass

DIS Veteran
Two questions:

1. Mom has had knee surgeries and has a real hard time bending her leg. She can do it but can't keep it in a bend position long. Would it be okay to request a table or a booth that would give her some leg room. I know some restaurants the tables are jammed in and no one gets any leg room but how about the ones that have a little space. I don't want to embarrass her by requesting one with leg room but I don't want her to suffer either. She has a habit of suffering in pain until it becomes unbearable. What should I do?

2. My cousin has a bit of a B.O. problem. She takes like 4 showers a day and the odor is still there. She has no medical insurance,no job(not suprising) and has no self esteem. A bunch of us got together and raised enough money for her to go to WDW. Is there something she can take to eliminate the problem for at least a little while or somehow protect her from the nasty comments people make. She wants to go but is afraid she will embarrass us. We don't care about being embarrassed but we want her to have a good time. Help!

Fast Pass said:
Two questions:

1. Mom has had knee surgeries and has a real hard time bending her leg. She can do it but can't keep it in a bend position long. Would it be okay to request a table or a booth that would give her some leg room. I know some restaurants the tables are jammed in and no one gets any leg room but how about the ones that have a little space. I don't want to embarrass her by requesting one with leg room but I don't want her to suffer either. She has a habit of suffering in pain until it becomes unbearable. What should I do?
For the counter service places, you pick out your own table, so you will be able to find a table that most meets her needs.
For the full service restaurants, I would request what you need. People make requests all the time for booths or particular locations, so you won't be asking anything unusual. If you don't want her to know it's for extra leg room for her, you can either ask for what you need without mentioning why or do it while she is not right next to her.
2. My cousin has a bit of a B.O. problem. She takes like 4 showers a day and the odor is still there. She has no medical insurance,no job(not suprising) and has no self esteem. A bunch of us got together and raised enough money for her to go to WDW. Is there something she can take to eliminate the problem for at least a little while or somehow protect her from the nasty comments people make. She wants to go but is afraid she will embarrass us. We don't care about being embarrassed but we want her to have a good time. Help!
I don't know of anything offhand, but you might want to do a google search on the internet. There will be times when she is close to other people (in lines, seated in theater seats next to her).

Hi FastPass,
I am in the same boat as your Mom. I am going in next Monday for my next one and I can feel her pain. I too will often sit in positions that are painful because I am afraid to ask. Sue had some good suggestions which I will follow. There is nothing worse than trying to sit and enjoy something and not being able to! Good luck to her. :sunny:

Fast Pass said:
Two questions:

1. Would she put up with a fake cast on her leg? Even an inflatable cast that you put on only some of the time will alert others that the leg should not be bent.

2. Perfume? Unfortunately perfume brings out more allergies in people nearby than the body odor itself, but what can I say?

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

Years ago a co worker had noticeable B.O. I could tell. I didn't say anything about it until a few years later when he said he was looking for a new job and then I tried to be as discrete as I could. He then confessed he "did not wear deodorant".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter