• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Knots Berry farm

mi5rugratz

Earning My Ears
Hello, I was just wondering if you all thought knots Berry Farm was worth going to. We are going in Jan or Feb. I have 5 children from age 3-12. Thank you!!

If you do go ,do Knotts Berry farm 'before' you DL. No offence KBF, but it's laid out kinda helter skelter(imho). Kinda cool in it's own way.I'm not a big fan of hd roller coasters.( i know,i'm a wimp).

I've heard the chicken dinner is good,but when we were there 25yrs ago,I did'nt want to wait 2hrs. (smelled great though).

Hey, I was out there about two weeks ago and me, my parents my brother and my girlfriend all went to Knotts Berry Farm. If you get a Ralph's (grocery store in La) discount card you can get tickets from Ralphs for 29.99.

I'm not really sure how to answer. I did not make it to Camp Snoopy, which is suppose to have some things for Kids (ala toontown). They had some good rollercoasters, but not sure that all your kids would ride. There is a really great log ride and the water rapids ride is suppose to be cool, but it was closed the day I was there. Oh and there is a train that was actually a really cool old train with original woodwork and it was a fun ride around the park on the old train.

The thing about Knots is that if you go do it before Disney. Oh and the food and drinks are pricey, like 3.25 for a small drink. It wasn't too bad and I enjoyed the day there, but it just is not disney.

Knots has a western theme and had a decent western stunt show too. And for like 6 bucks you can "pan for gold."

The park is laid out kinda weird too. Knots does have a website you can look at to see what is in the Camp Snoopy, and Snoopy does come out to take pics, unfortunately I missed him. Anyway I'll end the post by saying I was glad to go to Knots, it was different and it is cool to say that I've been to the first amusement park in the United States.

Hope it helps!

Kevin

We went a few years ago and my son at the time loved it, He was 3 I think. My son loved Camp Snoopy, and of course there are things for the older kids to do. We plan on going back probably next year to KBF and DL.

DBF and I did a mini weekend trip last January. We went up on a Saturday afternoon, went to Medieval Times that night, stayed at Knotts Berry Farm Hotel (which was like 79 bucks a night and nice too), and then went to Knotts on Sunday.
We liked Knotts. Its no Disneyland, but its alot of fun. The western area is well themed, kinda like Frontierland. I also don't like roller coasters, but DBF enjoyed the thrill rides and I loved Jaguar, the mine cart ride, and a couple other small rides. Camp Snoopy is really cute and we ended up taking a picture with Snoopy.
I think it would be a nice addition to a Disneyland trip, maybe as a precursor.

My sister and her family went recently and were not happy with their visit. The 8 year old was fine as he was tall enough to ride the adult rides, but the 6 and 2 year olds could really only go on the kiddy rides and adults were not allowed to ride with them. My sister said she won't go again until the kids are much older and can ride all the rides.

We went to KBF in 2003 and had a great time, but we did not have our children with us. We are going to KBF in December with DS11 and DD2. I know our son will have fun, but not sure about the little one.

KBF is definitely not DL, but they do have some great rides and the hotel is nice and priced great. I would also suggest going before you go to Disneyland. That's what we are doing!

DisneyLoverinWA

Go to the website and check the height restrictions. The water rides that my 6 year old can ride everywhere else he was to short for at KBF. There was only a few rides he would ride at 44". We did not like it. There is a lot of dead areas (no rides or anything) just building fronts. It is one of those places that is ok for kids above 46" and not much for the little ones. We only went because we were given tickets to there. We would never pay to go there.

JMO
Lori

Living in SoCal we make the trip to Knotts once a year, as a tradition, in the weeks just before Christmas. The Christmas theme is quite nice and they have hundreds of vendors, where you can find some unique gifts.

Our only complaints, which we note every time we go, is that the employees, as a whole, are not nearly as friendly, enthusiastic, or happy as cast members are at Disneyland or the World (some seem down-right miserable). The cleanliness, or lack of I should say, does not compare either. :sad2:

The chicken restraunt outside the park, by the entry shops, is well worth the wait and price, IMO. IF you get there before the 'traditional' dinner hours your wait won't be that long.

For a change of pace, overall, it's a nice park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter