Knott’s Berry Farm

Kirbie

Mouseketeer
Hello!

Our trip is mid August for 3 days at Disney. I purposefully booked an early flight for Monday, but we won’t be going to Disney that day. I was originally planning to do the WB studio tour that day, but between tickets and transportation to/from LA from SNA, it’s just not an option.

I was thinking of going to Knotts since it looks like a half day park at best. Has anyone been recently? Is it worth it? My trip is me and my boyfriend. I love Snoopy and would adore Camp Snoopy, but as a grown adult I don’t think I’ll get to experience most of Camp Snoopy. The rides look cute though!

Any thoughts or ideas? My boyfriend likes beer so I was thinking of going to a brewery or Tangoroa Terrace for dinner that first night.

Last edited:
Nope, Knotts is easily a full day. There are plenty of adult rides, with much faster and scarier roller coasters than Disneyland. The park also does not open until 10 every day. Lines can easily get into an hour+ wait on the busier days, especially during the summer. Mid-August is right before the kiddos around here go back to school (around August 20th) so if your trip is before then, there will probably be a lot of last hurrah family trips and/or day camp trips.

Depending you how your flight goes, you could request an early check in at your hotel. That way your room could be ready for you when you arrive -- although this is not guaranteed -- so you could freshen up before heading back out. You might do a beach day or a shopping day. Newport Beach or Huntington aren't far from DLR. Fashion Island shopping center isn't too far from DLR (and is pretty close to SNA). There is a shuttle service that runs from the DLR area hotels to South Coast Plaza (an upscale mall about 30 minutes away in Costa Mesa). Or, you could head for the Anaheim Packing District -- a fun sort of food court with lots of options -- and the Anaheim Brewery is right across the parking lot. Then you could head back to the hotel for some pool time and relaxation.

Camp Snoopy is cute and there are some things to check out for adults but the rides are geared for little kids. It would always be great to take pics with the characters. The other areas of the park are fun though! We have passes there but we always end up at Disneyland instead haha.

If you enjoy big coasters and thrill rides then knotts is easily a full day park. But they also have plenty of medium rides such as log flume, rapids, etc. A few fun shows depending on when you go. Take a break and go just outside the park to eat at Knotts Chicken Diner. Excellent chicken and boysenberry pie.

Don't expect Knotts to be like Disney. Totally different experience. It's an old fashioned style park with old fashioned fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!