Knotts Berry Farm vs. Magic Mountain

mummabear

DIS Veteran
DH is taking our DD9 to Magic Mountain for a special dad/daughter day during our trip now that she is tall enough to ride everything.
I will have DD5 and DD7, and no car.
Would you go to MM with DH (we wont be spending the day as a family-the MM tickets were DD9 xmas present) and do the kid rides with the other two, or uber to Knotts (staying in anahiem)?
Which park would be more fun for 1 adult and a 5 and 7 year old?

I wouldn't drive an extra 1.5-2 hours for Magic Mountain with such young kids. Plus that gives your DH and eldest a whole day just the two of them together.

Knotts has a good Camp Snoopy area, some nice shows, and other rides without height limits. But I would check out how old a child has to be to ride alone if you have to ride with the 5-year-old and the 7-year-old needs to ride alone.

If you decide against Knotts or MM, consider the Discovery Cube in Santa Ana or Aquarium of the Pacific for good age-appropriate special activities.

PHXscuba

I would check out each parks website to see what kind and how many rides/activities your 5 and 7 year old can do. Magic mountain is heavily weighted to the coaster enthusiast while knotts is more family friendly IMO.

I would say Knotts. It’s themed a little better in my opinion for young people and would be a much easier day for driving. MM has kids rides but is very limited.

I would definitely go to Knotts instead of MM. MM tends to lend itself to an older more adrenaline-junkie crowd and often just does not have as much to do for younger kids (lesser atmosphere/no gentle coasters). Knotts, on the other hand, has both bigger and smaller coasters so you can tailor your experience to you and your family specifically.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!