Knott's Meal Plan - Worth It (and other questions)?

NVDISFamily

DIS Veteran
Hello. With our plunge into DVC and also getting Magic Keys we decided that we'll be spending enough time in CA visiting family and having fun that getting passes to Knott's was worth it. It will help us fill in some of the blocked off days with our Believe keys and also the kids are really looking forward to Soak City. I'm also interested in showing my kids some of the other fun places I enjoyed when I was little and Knott's was #2 for us just behind Disneyland.

I declined the meal plans when I signed us up for passes but I'm doing some research and it seem like the value is there given the number of times we are likely to go. Any one agree or have concerns with this?

I also have this question about how you use the plan. It says the plan is good every 4 hours up to two meals a day. If I get the pass for all four of us, can I stagger the use across multiple times/places to spread out the meals? Could I perhaps use two of the passes to get a meal at X, and an hour later pickup something at Y using 1 pass, and then one last thing at Z? I would guess the restriction is per person/pass and not based on the family? And, kids are not restricted on what they can get given the price is the same for kids and adults?

Thanks in advance for any wisdom.

Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner is all the meal planning you need to do. 🤣

I think you are really smart getting season passes to Knott's to supplement your time at Disney. The park is so close it really is like a third gate! I predict that if you have teenage boys you will for sure save money by getting the meal plan! (not much of a prediction I admit). The meal plan with your planned usage makes sense to me.

When I was a child every summer on our trip to visit the Grandparents in Redondo Beach we rope dropped Disneyland in the morning and as dinner time came the extended family went to Knott's Berry Farm for chicken dinner and a few rides (there were only a few you could even ride back them).

We were there for a day last August. We had a five-day ticket for DLR. We went to Knott's in the middle of the trip.

No meal plan, but we did buy one drink pass, and it worked great. It also has a time limit like the meal plan, but it worked great. I think the food had gotten better at Knott's over the last few years as well. I don't think you will have a problem staggering your use like you suggest. We just had a ticket staff scanned when you got your next drink.

You could always call the park and ask if you are reading the usage correctly.

We were there for a day last August. We had a five-day ticket for DLR. We went to Knott's in the middle of the trip.

No meal plan, but we did buy one drink pass, and it worked great. It also has a time limit like the meal plan, but it worked great. I think the food had gotten better at Knott's over the last few years as well. I don't think you will have a problem staggering your use like you suggest. We just had a ticket staff scanned when you got your next drink.

You could always call the park and ask if you are reading the usage correctly.

Here’s a review of the churros. They got someone who makes a European style churro that the reviewer says compares favorably to the best in Spain.

https://www.sfgate.com/travel/article/knotts-berry-farm-churros-17871687.php

Wanted to jump in and say a big thanks to all for sharing their thoughts on the meal plan and such. I think I'm going to investigate at the park a bit before doing the addition to the passes but I'm very much leaning towards doing it :)

The park is so close it really is like a third gate!

Not sure why I didn't think of that but it's true. We'll have no problem going down the road for our stays at the Grand Cal when we have a block out day on our Magic Key and having some fun with the Knott's park and perhaps enjoying an amazing stuffed churro or chicken dinner there.

We used Uber. Picked us up at our hotel on Harbor and had them drop us off at the Disneyland Hotel for our 7:00 PM Trader Sam's reservation.

It might take less time to go from VGC to Knott's than going from the TPC to Animal Kingdom. 😉

Here's someone who tried the boysenberry stuffed churro. The noted that it was formed and fried on demand. And one end was pinched off so that the filling didn't just fall out the open end.

The meal plan is totally worth it, I have a pass and I added the meal plan. Honestly the food to me is better at Knotts for the most part in comparison to Disney. The BBQ places are really good with the meal plan and you get a lot for whats on it.

We have the drink plan on our Knotts passes. You can get a beverage every 15 minutes. I get carbonated water and add electrolytes. If I lived in CA, I would get the meals added to our passes.
Side note: you cannot use Panda Express gift cards at Panda Express in the park. Panda is across from the Log Ride.

Hi everyone! Just wanted to follow up and report back. We loved Knotts as an addition to our trip to Disneyland. The meal passes were a winner and we'll likely more than break even between now and December. Some places on the pass are better than others but overall we liked the option. We did it on two of our four passes at first but then opted for a third meal plan as two was not quite enough for all off us if we were very hungry. We also got two drink plans as that's plenty as we often can order our drinks when we first order food, and by the time you go sit down and start eating it's almost time to get more.

I left some notes about my trip in the DVC Trip Report section of the board if you are interested.

Has anyone done the meal plan for a one day visit? It will be me and my 8 yo son (he has a pretty good appetite). We’re flexible as to when and what we eat so we don’t always need a meal each. Trying to weigh it up against the drinks package to see if either/both will give us our monies worth

Has anyone done the meal plan for a one day visit? It will be me and my 8 yo son (he has a pretty good appetite). We’re flexible as to when and what we eat so we don’t always need a meal each. Trying to weigh it up against the drinks package to see if either/both will give us our monies worth
If you are planning at least 2 full meals the all-day plan will pay for itself. Most of the in-park dining takes it. You can buy one plan to split it and eat more often (every 90 minutes) if you want. Beware that the food lines can be long and service less-than-efficient.

We also got the souvenir bottle and did a lot of hydrating, alternating between soda, lemonade, water etc. The bottle refill stations are pretty efficient.

I would say with one adult and one 8-year-old to get an all-day meal plan and souvenir bottle and supplement if needed with snacks paid out of pocket.

PHXscuba

Thinking of including an all day meal plan on KBF tickets for my boys. I can't find a list of menus with prices. I am assuming it will be worth it for 3 boys -- ages 20, 18 and 17?

Hours are 10am-5:30pm the day they are going.

Last edited:
Thinking of including an all day meal plan on KBF tickets for my boys. I can't find a list of menus with prices. I am assuming it will be worth it for 3 boys -- ages 20, 18 and 17?

Hours are 10am-5:30pm the day they are going.
It will absolutely be worth it. The meal plan is only $32 and can be used every 90 minutes. I was there last month and meals ranged $15 to $20. So if they use it twice they're already ahead. I bought one and used it 5 times the day I was there with a big family (we have meal plans on some of our season passes as well). The operating hours were longer when I went though. Regardless, I doubt they'll have trouble using it twice. You could also probably try to game it and just buy two to use between the 3 of them and it will likely be enough.

It will absolutely be worth it. The meal plan is only $32 and can be used every 90 minutes. I was there last month and meals ranged $15 to $20. So if they use it twice they're already ahead. I bought one and used it 5 times the day I was there with a big family (we have meal plans on some of our season passes as well). The operating hours were longer when I went though. Regardless, I doubt they'll have trouble using it twice. You could also probably try to game it and just buy two to use between the 3 of them and it will likely be enough.
Thank you. I was unable to find prices of the meals to help me decide. The last time I went was 5 years ago, and I remember at that time our meal prices were higher at KBF than at Disneyland that week. Sounds like it is the way to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter