Kodak or Fuji film?

Kim in TN

Disney & Dachshund Lover Lurks daily, posts rarel
Which brand of film do you think gives you the best pictures? I typically use Kodak but Fuji is a little cheaper and they have 1.00 coupons out right now.
How about brands for the water disposable cameras?
Do you notice a difference is the various speeds of film, I know what the box suggests, but do you notice the difference when you get the prints?
I'm trying to start my film collection for September! :rolleyes:

two words!

BUY AMERICAN :)

Seriously I have always been VERY happy with the pictures I have, using Kodak film and processed by a Kodak processor, so I have never seen a reason to mess with a good thing.

If it ain't broke don't fix it ;)

You get what you pay for.

<b>Note: I may be a little biased, being from the home of the big yellow box.</B>

Mike

FUJI - I have tried both FUJI and KODAK exclusively at Disney - using the same camera and developer (Kodak developing, btw - oh the irony...) and really believe that FUJI gives better color and clarity.

Just my opinion.....

Hi Kim,

I left you a PM.
Hope it helped....

Fuji gives great colour.

:cool:

The man at one of our local camera shops told me that Fuji is a better film than Kodak. I was really surprised because they have a huge Kodak display. I started buying Fuji film @Walmart whenever I had a coupon and haven't been disappointed yet.

Oh, I almost forgot.......Keep your unused film in the fridge or freezer until you use them. It keeps the colour looking sharp.

After taking the pictures get them developped as soon as possible because the quality starts to go down very quickly.

Hope this helps.:cool:

Hi Kim

I thought I would add my words from across the pond!! (Little old England)

I went into my local camera store this week and was having the same debate.

I have always used Kodak (and been quite happy with it) and was about to buy some more. The girl at the counter asked me where I was going and when I said Florida, she said I would be better off with Fuji.

Apparently Kodak brings out the reds in your pictures and Fuji brings out the blues (so Fuji will be better for the weather conditions in Florida).

So I bought a bulk order.....

I have friends who have used both types of film and are equally happy with both.

So if the Fuji is cheaper where you are, I would say go for it.

Becky

I am shooting digital now, but I've used 35mm SLR's for quite a few years. I still shoot my Nikon occasionally.

Kodak film: If you like your pictures to be "warm" looking. (I believe radamson mentioned the reds) To me the color is slightly muted and just not very sharp looking. The contrast tends to be slightly lower, too. This particular look has it's uses, like warm portrait type work.

Fuji film: My experience with Fuji is that the colors are very bright and vivid. The images have a very sharp, crisp look to them and have more contrast.

My preference is definitely Fuji. There is nothing wrong with the Kodak film, I just prefer the way the Fuji film looks. More my taste I guess.

Another tip if you are going to be using an SLR with interchangeable lenses: Try using a circular polarizing filter. You can really improve the color of the sky in your pictures by doing this. Takes a bit of practice, but is not very hard to learn to do.

We have used both Kodak and Fuji for trips and the difference with Fuji is noticeable. The blues and greens are particularly more vivid. We own all sorts of camera equipment and end up bringing a little disposable fuji and get fabulous shots. I'm always afraid of dropping a camera - as has happened in the past ($$$$$#^#%(*&#$!!!???) - and all the lugging - so now we are fuji disposable addicted. The only exception might be a cute new even smaller digital camera my DH is eyeing. At the price he wants to pay - he can carry it.

I thought it would be interesting to look back to the topics du jour happening here around the time I went to DW for the first time as an adult with my family (May 2002). The boards did not disappoint! Remember film being a key consideration before departure? How many rolls should I bring?? Haha!!

Ah, the old golden days when you didn't have to worry about Fuel Rods, or the number of USB plugs in your resort room! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter