Kona Cafe, Fultons gold plan - day 7 final day

dansyr

I'm a loser
I hope everyone had not minded my long reviews....but I wanted to share our experience.

Day 7 - final day - how will I ever go back to eating normally???

breakfast - Kona Cafe
We had been wanting to try this restaraunt the entire trip but it was just not working with our plans so our last day we had to get it in.
We got a ps for around 11:00. We were the only ones in the restaraunt. Our server was really nice. She was also from our area so we chatted a bit.
To start with we ordered the press pot of coffee.....which was excellent. I ordered the fresh pineapple juice....they weren't kidding when they said fresh. It was great. DBF ordered the lillikoi juice which was a blend but I don't remember what of. He loved that also and even ordered a 2nd glass.
I ordered the Tonga toast because I had heard so much about it. Well , the reviews don't lie. This stuff is great. I couldn't possibly finish it though. If you like sweet stuff for breakfast this is the thing to have. DBF who is not a sweet eater ordered the filet and eggs. He loved it !! I didn't really care for the filet of what I tasted. It seemed to have a funny taste to me but it could have been that I had just eaten the Tonga toast and the flavors didn't mesh.
rating 5
cost - around $40

ok, the grand finale of our trip ......Fulton's
This is another restaraunt we had wanted to eat at the entire trip but it didn't fit in to our schedule.
I'm so glad we finally got it in. It had to be the 2nd best meal of our trip only taking 2nd to WP upstairs.
No ps and dbf and I were seated within 5 min.
We had a really nice table by the window.
For apps we both ordered the shrimp cocktail. Very good and very large shrimp.
Even though we knew we'd never finish our meal, we both had to order a soup. I had the lobster bisque.....oh my gosh...heavenly and dbf ordered the New England clam chowder. There were whole clams in there. He absolutely loved his also. By the way ....the lobster bisque gets poured over chunks of crab into your dish at the table.
The chef then sent out a crab boursin with sesame flatbread. Yum Yum and Yum. Our server also brough the recipe for this to our table. I plan to try to make this someday.
Already pretty stuffed and out come our entrees. I ordered the King Crab claws. This was huge platter of at least 15 claws. DBF ordered the crab legs. Another huge platter. DBF was so upset he couldn't finish these. He kept saying how the crab leg's kicked his butt.
Yes we ordered dessert. I had too....they had creme brulee...only chocolate this time. I talked dbf out of ordering 2 separate ones because he said he didn't want to share....lol
The creme brulee was very good. I preferred the vanilla ones I had previously but this one was also outstanding. We both had coffees
rating 5+++
cost 154.64 without tip.
I know this restaraunt had gotten a bad wrap. I honestly thought but the service and the quality was excellent. The prices are a little high but not for the quality of the food.

Thanks for the reviews. I am glad you had a good experience at Fulton's - I would really like to try it, but with the mixed reviews, I wasn't so sure... Oh, if I had some crab legs right now!!!;)

Thanks for the wonderful review of Fulton's. It is one of our favorites.My sister had the bisque last trip. It looks wonderful, and she raved about how good it was.
She also declared her salmon the best she ever had.
I love their crab cakes and the rock shrimp pasta.

Awesome reviews!!! thanks for taking the time-I really appreciate it. Glad to hear about Fulton's. I'm dying to try this also.

Thanks so much for all the great reviews. I've really enjoyed reading them especilly since I'd like to do the Gold plan for our next trip.

I wanted to ask if you had to pay more for the press pot of coffee at the Kona cafe or was that included in the gold plan? Thanks

heather360

The press pots were included at both Kona and Boma. If you guys have any more questions on the gold plan...just ask...and I might be able to help. We really enjoyed it and plan to do it again.

Thanks for taking the time to share your excellent reviews! I really enjoyed hearing about your meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!