• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kona Coast Resort

disneydawn6

Waiting for my next Diney Fix
Hi My sister is letting us use her timeshare next year and we traded it for a 2 bedroom unit at Kona Coast resort on the big island. Has anyone ever stayed there? Was it nice? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

My husband and I stayed at the Kona Coast for 1 week this last may. We had a 1-bedroom unit in Phase I. It was great.

Our trip report includes some shots of the unit we stayed in.
http://www.thatswright.com/BigIsland/index.htm

The resort had an assortment of daily activities for guests (from snorkleing lessons to ice cream socials) we wanted to take part but were soo busy we never took the time out to do any of them.

There is a shopping complex really close for all the food needs you might have. I would recomend the Costco on your way in from the airport for any thing you like to buy at Costco (we stocked up on water, and returned for gas a couple of times).
If you havent been before (which was my story) I would suggest this book: Hawaii - The Big Island Reveled by Andre Doughty & Harriet Friedman.
It was great. I liked there writing style and all there experiences were right on with what we ran into.

Ok, back to the Kona Coast. My hubbys family has stayed (including our May visit) 3 times, and have stayed in both Phase I and Phase II. All reports so far have been good. I would love to go back. If you have any specific questions just shout.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter