Kong first

According to Touring Plans, you should do Spiderman first, then Kong, then Jurassic Park, then Forbidden Journey. They say that Forbidden Journey doesn't build as long a wait time anymore.

Kong

Jurassic Park first thing in the AM sounds chilly. Another reason I don't really get the Touring Plan suggestions. :)

I would do Kong and then Forbidden Journey. Then you won't have to back track. Enter, go left through Marvel to Kong and then straight to Forbidden Journey.

I would do Kong. It is a much slower loading ride and doesn't seem to get people through as efficiently has FJ. Kong line seems to move very slow. Even the EP line moves slow.

Kong first. It also tends to have longer waits throughout the day. And frequently no single rider line, whereas FJ should always have single rider.

Actually, if it interests you, you may want to put the little Hippogriff coaster before FJ, since that one is a slower line also. FJ takes a little bit for the lines to build in the morning.

When we were there last week Kong consistently had the longest posted wait times (45-60 minutes or so) that we saw over the course of 5 park days so I would knock it off the list first if you can. Spiderman, the new Fast and Furious ride (which in my opinion wasn't worth the wait at all unfortunately) also had longer wait times but nothing crazy. Neither major Harry Potter attraction had wait times over 35 minutes, same for the Mummy, Hulk, and others. Jurassic Park could have longer wait times later in the day when the heat was at it's most potent but I don't think it was too too bad.

We were there this past weekend and did Kong first followed by Forbidden Journey. Worked great. The next day we flipped it and did Kong after FJ. Not as good but still doable. I say Kong first and maybe you can sneak two rides in before heading to FJ like us. Have fun!

We did Kong first at rope drop. We had watched the wait times all week and Kong was always around 60 mins while FJ was around 20 mins quite often. We had the ride to ourselves, it was great!

Get FJ out of the way if you have any bags to put in a locker. That whole system is a zoo once the crowds get in there!

Get FJ out of the way if you have any bags to put in a locker. That whole system is a zoo once the crowds get in there!
They need to fix that system, it's such an absolute mess. Gringotts too. They should really relocate the lockers to a different area that has more room.

They need to fix that system, it's such an absolute mess. Gringotts too. They should really relocate the lockers to a different area that has more room.

And the system isn't that easy either. When we went to get our stuff out of the locker, our finger print said we had a different locker so we had to find someone to open it for us, and they had to ask us to identify everything in there so we were trying to steal someone's stuff. ugh. Next time we just sucked it up and road it in groups so someone could watch the bags.

Gringotts wasn't even a good ride, which was more annoying. That super long queue and the ride was a dud.

Gringotts wasn't even a good ride, which was more annoying. That super long queue and the ride was a dud.
Biggest issue with Gringotts was they tried to create a rollercoaster/dark ride hybrid and it turned out to be a weaker version of both. It's not as good of a dark ride as Spiderman/Transformers but not as good a coaster as Mummy.

IMO it would have worked far better as a themed coaster like Mummy with Gringotts scenery and maybe an intro and closing scene with a screen. All the stopping and starting just ruins the pacing.

The lack of real animatronics is also a problem. I prefer Forbidden Journey by a LOT because it's a great combination of screens and practical effects.

Biggest issue with Gringotts was they tried to create a rollercoaster/dark ride hybrid and it turned out to be a weaker version of both. It's not as good of a dark ride as Spiderman/Transformers but not as good a coaster as Mummy.

IMO it would have worked far better as a themed coaster like Mummy with Gringotts scenery and maybe an intro and closing scene with a screen. All the stopping and starting just ruins the pacing.

The lack of real animatronics is also a problem. I prefer Forbidden Journey by a LOT because it's a great combination of screens and practical effects.

After the first part where you get pulled up and back, I thought whoa, this is going to be good! Annnnd, nope. LOL

Gringotts doesn’t really seem like a coaster to me. More like moving from scene to scene an a hilly track. I like the ride and love the queue, but it’s not like mummy I dont really think.

It looks like we may have lost friend of figment. I'm not sure what "Touring Plans" it is but Undercovertourist.com provided me with a plan that for our upcoming stay that had Kong as number 1 followed by Spidey followed by the Hulk.
I found out yesterday through these boards that Kong takes EP so it doesn't matter for us.

It looks like we may have lost friend of figment. I'm not sure what "Touring Plans" it is but Undercovertourist.com provided me with a plan that for our upcoming stay that had Kong as number 1 followed by Spidey followed by the Hulk.
I found out yesterday through these boards that Kong takes EP so it doesn't matter for us.

We used express for it but I was told you should go through the queue once. I didn't bother.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter