• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kualoa Ranch Experience..Aulani?

jerseygal

DIS Veteran
Anyone do the Kualoa Guided Tour Ranch Experience through Aulani?

I understand that you have a choice of either horseback riding or ATV's...
I have done a litte research and the reviews are really great!
Supposedly great scenery! :thumbsup2

It appeals to me because transportation from Aulani, guided tour, is included, barbeque lunch, "private beach experience", snacks, water, gratuities......:dance3:

It supposedly is about 1 hr from Aulani each way...I think you get something like 4-5 hours at the Kualoa ranch because 2 hours is factored in for transportation to/from Aulani..

Is VERY PRICEY though in my opinion....$254 per person...For a family of four it isn't "cheap" but the views and experience is supposedly AWESOME!

Strongly considering but wanted to know if anyone is familiar and has some feedback! Thanks in advance!:cool1::thumbsup2

We did the Kualoa 2 Hour ATV tour back in October. We did not do it through Disney though. We had a rental car so we booked it on our own directly with Kualoa. It's probably about 30-40 minutes from Aulani if I remember correctly.

On your own its about $90 per person.

It was definitely one of the favorite things that we did while we were there.

When we scheduled, I asked whether it was best to do it earlier in the morning or later in the afternoon. I was worried about doing it mid-day when it would be hottest. They suggested the 3:00 pm, I think and it was perfect. Whatever the last time was is what we did.

Definitely a fun time but if you have a car, you can do it much cheaper yourself.

Great tips! I will check out the website and compare. I have been told 1 hour away, but maybe not... How was the "private" beach if anyone remembers? This is a package for the day, barbecue, transportation, beach, gratuitiy...Maybe the $90 just included 2 hr horseback or 2 hr ATV and that was it? I will absolutely compare and "price check" as I ALWAYS do with most things!

Also, did you do ATV or horseback riding?

I am sure that both options are great! :cool1: The scenery must be AMAZING!:yay:

CANNOT WAIT FOR AULANI! :dance3: "DREAMING"!!!!!!:angel:

If you are a LOST fan I highly recommends KOS tours , they have a 2 hour kualoa movie and lost tour that is great. We are doing it again this next trip (we have more in our party). It's $80 adults and $70 kids. The links from the other posters are good too!

Depending on what time of day you are traveling, give yourself time. Our tour is 9am so we know we will need more then then 40 min no traffic time. I've been looking on google maps every morning to get a good idea of drive times nd it's about 1 hour to 1 hour 15 min.

We plan on doing that, then hitting the byodo in temple (where my husband and I have our wedding dates carved in the bamboo forest), Pali lookout then Waikiki for a late lunch:)

We went in June on our own and did the ATV tour than after the jeep tour. The view is amazing and lots of movies and shows like Lost have been filmed there. You can spend all day there!

We went in June on our own and did the ATV tour than after the jeep tour. The view is amazing and lots of movies and shows like Lost have been filmed there. You can spend all day there!

Wanted to add my step son is 18 so this was the highlight of the trip. Not sure how old your kids are but I may not have considered it had it been just me and the DH but I'm glad we all did it. I would love to do the ATVs again!

We did the Kualoa 2 Hour ATV tour back in October. We did not do it through Disney though. We had a rental car so we booked it on our own directly with Kualoa. It's probably about 30-40 minutes from Aulani if I remember correctly.

When we scheduled, I asked whether it was best to do it earlier in the morning or later in the afternoon. I was worried about doing it mid-day when it would be hottest. They suggested the 3:00 pm, I think and it was perfect. Whatever the last time was is what we did.

Definitely a fun time but if you have a car, you can do it much cheaper yourself.
OT but wanted to know. Thanks :)
We wanted to do this one as well. do they let you get off the ATVs and take pictures by the movie set sites. (my daughter really wants to do this part. :)

I have the ABD half day tour booked through DVC/Aulani in March. Unfortunately our family of four varies in age and size. Two of us don't meet the weight restriction for the horseback riding and one of us doesn't meet the age minimum for the ATV riding (according to the description the minimum age for the ATV rider, not driver, is 16)

That leaves me, the senior citizen in the group, to ride horses with the granddaughter because I can do either. First time ever for her and first time for me in 30 years. I'm a little nervous for both of us:rotfl: She'll be 16 in May...are these really single person ATVs?

Yes, they are definitely single person ATVs unfortunately. I think you will have a great time no matter what you do but you probably just cover more ground on the ATV.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter