Kualoa Ranch Private Beach and Horseback

WDWmom08

Mouseketeer
I thought I had seen from past posts that you could do this excursion and either ride horses or do the ATV tour. I called Aulani and they said you could only do the tour with the horseback riding. I'm not sure if I just got someone who wasn't very helpful on the phone or if that's really the case. Being that Kualoa offers both tours it seemed like a reasonable swap (and like I said I thought that is how it used to be set up). We have someone who will be travelling with us that won't make the weight limit. Any info is appreciated.

Aulani probably has group spots and pricing with these particular tours as a package. If you book directly with Kualoa Ranch, you'd have more flexibility but they will not provide transportation. If you will not have a rental car for the duration of your trip, you can do a one day rental from the on-site Alamo at Aulani.

We did ATV tour, 1 hour at Kualoa Ranch, 4 years ago, directly through Kualoa not through Aulani, we had our own car anyway. The ATV tour was awesome. It wound up being just our family, the four of us and the guide. We did 3 other activities, all 1 hour, 1 movie set tour where Jurassic Park was filmed, and a catamaran boat ride. What a day! AWESOME! If my memory serves me correctly, we had a very early start to the day, first thing when they opened, and our package included a nice buffet lunch. All the activities were super, but I think our fav was the ATV's. We had never been on an ATV..we caught on pretty fast. ENJOY!:thumbsup2

We did ATV tour, 1 hour at Kualoa Ranch, 4 years ago, directly through Kualoa not through Aulani, we had our own car anyway. The ATV tour was awesome. It wound up being just our family, the four of us and the guide. We did 3 other activities, all 1 hour, 1 movie set tour where Jurassic Park was filmed, and a catamaran boat ride. What a day! AWESOME! If my memory serves me correctly, we had a very early start to the day, first thing when they opened, and our package included a nice buffet lunch. All the activities were super, but I think our fav was the ATV's. We had never been on an ATV..we caught on pretty fast. ENJOY!:thumbsup2

We did the same thing but with the horses instead of the ATV. We had never been on horses before but they knew what to do anyway so it wasn't really a concern. Its a nice slow single file ride and for someone like me was really nice. For someone who rides horses it would likely be boring. Just like the ATVs might be boring for someone who rides ATVs back home because they likely have their speed limited to very slow but perhaps someone can confirm that

We did the same thing but with the horses instead of the ATV. We had never been on horses before but they knew what to do anyway so it wasn't really a concern. Its a nice slow single file ride and for someone like me was really nice. For someone who rides horses it would likely be boring. Just like the ATVs might be boring for someone who rides ATVs back home because they likely have their speed limited to very slow but perhaps someone can confirm that
We were not going slow. Those ATV's were moving pretty fast. Our adult sons were very impressed with Mom handling the ATV for the first time, FUN!::yes::

I looked into doing the package directly but it was the combination of the catamaran ride, the beach bbq then you go on a turtle trip and the private beach. After that you go on the riding tour which seemed like that part could be swapped out for a couple of folks to do the ATVs instead. But I guess not. Kuala doesn't really offer a similar combo package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter