Kukui Nut Lei at check in

Anna Chassereau

DIS Veteran
I know adults receive a flower lei and kukui nut lei and then children get the menehune necklace...is there any way to request or ask for a kukui nut lei for my 8 year old son instead of the menehune necklace? Just wasn’t sure if this was an option...

pretty sure if you get to the lei givers before your kid they’d have no problem doing that...they’d probably be fine swapping even if your kid gets his lei first. I think the leis are treated kinda like the buttons...disney doesn’t care too much about the “loss” they take since it gets them much more in return.

pretty sure if you get to the lei givers before your kid they’d have no problem doing that...they’d probably be fine swapping even if your kid gets his lei first. I think the leis are treated kinda like the buttons...disney doesn’t care too much about the “loss” they take since it gets them much more in return.

I hope you’re right and try don’t mind!:) Thanks!!
:)

Simba, no tip necessary! Lei's are a common welcome gift at hotels in Hawaii.

Hi. I did read somewhere somewhere that a parent had asked for a lei for their child at check in and was informed that they couldn't have one, only the necklace. I can't remember where I saw this (probably facebook), I just remember that the parent was quite upset and everyone else was commenting that they shouldn't be complaining about a free gift! It's still probably worth asking anyway. :-)

I have read that it's rude to refuse a lei, and also to take it off in front of the person who gave it to you, so if you choose to swap your son's with someone else you may want to do it in your room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter