"Kurt Russell Read Us the Story of Christmas!" Dec 2017 Xmas & Bday TR-Completed 3/17

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by Raeven, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Raeven

Raeven Happiest Haunt

As a 90's kid, I wish the 90's building looked cooler!

It's definitely worth trying once, but it did eat up a lot of time.

You must've had a really good/non busy day. I always hear the lines for NPH are crazy.

See the people we ended up talking to were a child and I think the other girl might've only been a teenager so there didn't seem to be much to say to them. Maybe it would've helped, I'm just not sure what they really could've/would've done. Especially because they weren't the only group. I totally agree :thumbsup2

:rotfl:

Maybe he watched the same one? :rotfl: Josh usually watches them with a friend, but they almost always seem to fall while we're away on vacation. He usually doesn't mind missing them and watches them with his friend when he gets back, but I guess this one was his favorite or something and he didn't want to read who won ahead of time. Actually he thought it was on later (I think the opening fights or whatever they call them went faster than they were supposed to), so I guess it's good we came back then or he would've missed it if we stayed till park close.

:laughing: Oh yeah it was over in like 15 mins. The other guy literally gave up. He faked an injury or something (well they said he was faking), and I guess he isn't the first guy to do that when facing this particular person so they talked about it A LOT.

ariane37 likes this.
  2. Raeven

Raeven Happiest Haunt

:thumbsup2

He does kind of look like a gremlin :rotfl:

:laughing: #GoodProblems, At this point I'm thinking we might be getting these for quite a few years. Although we may go to Disneyland in the next 2 years so maybe we won't get one then, but it will still be a Disney filled year!

They seem kind of terrible at anticipating demand when something sells well it takes them forever to stock it again. For instance I remember how hard it was to find the plush Pua's for months after Moana came out. The bigger one I got wasn't in stock again until almost 8 months after the movie came out! But yeah they do seem to have caught on with the rose gold ears, and it seems like they're at least getting more monthly now.

:laughing: I love it!

:faint: That's a fear of mine, because I know they're so hard to get rid of. I check a little bit when we get there, but we've never seen any on vacation. It still kind of grosses me out in hotels though to get under the covers. :rotfl: I'm a little less worried about Disney because I've heard stories of them helping clean everything to make sure you didn't bring them home (though who wants to deal with that on vacation).

It's so great they wanted to make sure to save it for someone really special!

Preach ::yes::

Aw yeah you went during that other cold patch they had recently. The cold really can put a damper on things, luckily there were only 2 days we were really cold, and a couple others that were cold but being bundled up helped.

Great minds think alike! I agree, it's definitely the best present.

If you already have it, I'd say it's worth a shot. It worked for one of the rooms we requested, so it might just be a matter of nothing was available. But they definitely got it wrong...maybe they received it on opposite day :rotfl:

They're so cute! We didn't either, it was much quieter than the WL construction. Whattt?? :eek: I would've thought they'd definitely give buttons!

Ooo good to know! I always want to try, but somehow we never end up making it there.

wdwnut61 and MeghanEmily like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. paradesintherain

paradesintherain DIS Veteran

This is such a cute tree! Love the retro ornaments

It looks like she started melting

I've never been a passholder before but it really is so exciting!

The last time I tried to ride it it was broken!

That is so condescending and rude!

Love this shot!

These are so precious!

Raeven likes this.
  5. Raeven

Raeven Happiest Haunt

Yes! I liked the Santas.

:rotfl: you are so right!

Yes :hyper:

Yeah it was.

Thank you! It's really pretty at CSR, and it was a rare moment, the lobby was completely empty.

They're the cutest construction buttons I've ever seen :lovestruc

paradesintherain likes this.
  6. MeghanEmily

MeghanEmily DIS Veteran

Ooh, good reason! The only reason I can imagine us giving them up is to take a break and travel somewhere else. I also really want to do Disneyland! I'm making potential plans for 2020 already... haha We have a few more local places we'd like to go, too. Eventually we'd like to do a Europe trip (and hit up Paris Disneyland!) And Nathan's also never been to NYC. Alas...too many places, too little money, too little time...

Oh yeah! I forgot about this!

I've heard this, too! But ew...

It was wild! Our 5K morning it dropped below freezing.

:rotfl2:

Raeven likes this.
  7. Raeven

Raeven Happiest Haunt

:laughing: well with my other idea we may have to. I want to some Sep either in 2019 or 2020 go to FL for a weekend and do HHN there, then go to Cali for a week and do HHN there (and Disneyland and other things). But I'll have to wait and see which year that works better for. I'd love to see Disneyland Paris and Tokyo Disney in the future! I like to use my weeks off for Disney, and do any other trips on long weekend. I'd love to bring Josh to Chicago because I had a lot of fun when I went with Jenna, and I think he'd really like some of the things there. Exactly! :laughing:

Yeah sometimes they just get things and they go out of stock and they don't restock any of months. You think with something like that they'd want to sell it before the demand isn't there anymore.

Yeah, I still wouldn't want to deal with it/get bit in the first place, but at least they make sure you don't bring any home.

Yikes :cold: Was that last week/weekend? Because it was sooo cold then! Here it was like -17 with the wind chill making it closer to -30. I didn't go outside all weekend.

MeghanEmily likes this.
  8. Raeven

Raeven Happiest Haunt

Day 3, Part 1-Selfies on Safari

The next day we headed to AK a bit later than we had imagined, but I think having some extra time to rest in the mornings was important when we were having such long days.

[​IMG]

First of all it's the AK tree!

[​IMG]

AK's really the least decorated park for Christmas, but at least there's a tree.

[​IMG]

As we were walking in I noticed our shadows on the ground, and thought they looked cool :laughing:

[​IMG]

As we stopped through some shops on the way in, Josh saw his second porg. Whereas yesterday he said it was a dog/owl/penguin mix I believe today he said they looked like puppymonkeybaby, and they were an abomination:rotfl:

[​IMG]

Personally I think Porgs are cuter that this terrifying thing, but Josh doesn't.

We were headed onto the safari next for our first FP!

[​IMG]

We had a great safari and saw so many animals! The lady behind me however decided she needed to selfie with every animal we passed while making pouty face. I thought of taking a selfie of her taking a selfie #Meta, but I thought she might notice what I was doing.

[​IMG]

I think I should've though it would've been hilarious.

The painted dogs were out, and we got a really good view of them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I could be totally wrong (I'm not sure if there are any other baby elephants at AK), but I think we saw baby Stella! I was so excited.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We did not get a good view of the lions however as they were napping when we went by.

[​IMG]

And rhinos!

[​IMG]

3 rhinos in a row, that's like triple the rhinos to fangirl over, right? @xlsm

[​IMG]

It was a colder day out so I was glad so many animals were still out and about, but now we were hungry and it was time to head to Yak and Yeti for lunch!

Yak and Yeti Review

[​IMG]

BTW Josh loved the fortune he got.

[​IMG]

I believe it says "you are the master of every situation". He told me to take this picture, but I'm not sure what's up with the serious face :rotfl:

thumper*, Tracy161, ariane37 and 7 others like this.
  9. Raeven

Raeven Happiest Haunt

Day 3, Part 2-Pandora & Lifetime Movies

Next we decided to walk the Maharajah Jungle Trek, but because of the cold weather it was a complete bust. The only animals we could see were these monkeys because every animal was either asleep or had been taken out of their enclosures due to the cold.

[​IMG]

Our next FP was for EE, but after lunch I had started developing a headache.

[​IMG]

So Josh rode it by himself while I looked for a place to sit (didn't really work out, there's a lack of seating available in the Asia area), and then I looked around the store a bit.

[​IMG]

Afterwards we went to Dinoland, and though I've never ridden Primeval Whirl I guess I decided to take a picture of it on the way to the bathrooms :rotfl:

[​IMG]

After a bit of time my headache did start to subside so we decided to head for Pandora, and then go back to the hotel to rest a little after that. Josh wasn't hungry yet so we skipped the Nomad Lounge. I know he really wants to try the GF churros, but we never seem to be nearby when we're hungry!

[​IMG]

Josh was disappointed when I told him he still isn't allowed to climb the floating mountains :laughing: But here's some different angles of them:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was time for our FP on NRJ! (We still were never able to find a FoP one, but on our next trip I'm trying to keep AK on the last full day so we can hopefully get one).

[​IMG]
    (Btw that's the scarf I got in Pandora during the preview! I really like the color.)

[​IMG]

We had originally planned to dine at Sanaa, but after learning a movie we wanted to see was out the day before, we had decided to go to DS that night. Since we weren't really going to be nearby AKL anymore, we decided to find food in DS (which was a good thing because we still weren't very hungry when we had planned to have dinner). The movie wasn't playing until like 10:30 so we headed back to CSR.

A weird thing that happened back at CSR was that we heard a dog barking down the hall/somewhere in our building it was hard to tell where. :confused: But CSR doesn't allow dogs. It barked on and off for at least an hour, so I'm guessing someone snuck a dog in? I guess it wouldn't be that hard if you drove to the building, parked in the closest lot, and then hustled the dog in before anyone saw it, but why bother?

Back in the room we watched 2 Lifetime movies. popcorn::
    One was called High School Lover (I feel like typing that into Google to find a gif from the movie is going to get me flagged somewhere :rotfl:). I present you with the only gifs I could find from this movie:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was about a 30 something celebrity stalking a teenage girl and her dad was James Franco. (Also the creepy stalker played Manfred on Midnight, Texas this summer if anyone watched that so it was weird to see him harassing high schoolers :laughing:)

The other was called The Wrong Student which was about
    an 18 year old girl stalking a hot soccer coach and trying to murder his girlfriend and her daughter/everyone to get to him. I feel like this movie poster sums it up well:

[​IMG]

Oh Lifetime, you never disappoint. :lmao: And it wouldn't be a Disney trip without some Lifetime movies, right @Mollydolly334?

Next up

Our night at DS, where we try some new QS places and see a hilarious movie, plus the vlog from this day.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    Tracy161, kastoney, ariane37 and 8 others like this.
  10. MeghanEmily

MeghanEmily DIS Veteran

Ooh cool plan! That would be so fun!

It was! It was last Thursday. And then we came home to similarly cold temps that next day. I think the wind chill hung around about -33F for a few days here. Ew!

I can't tell! :scared:

I'm thinking based on size that this might be Jabalee? (Spelling?? No idea!) He's kinda of adolescent/teenager-ish, but still clings to his mama and has some baby tendencies, like still trying to nurse, etc. (I remember little snippets here and there from our Caring for Giants tour.)

We saw Stella on safari this time, which was neat. She's super adorbs...

[​IMG]

That's a shame! We thought they were pretty tasty, so you'll have to give them a try sometime! They recommended you try mixing the vanilla and strawberry sauces, also. I didn't since the vanilla has dairy, but Nathan highly recommends it!

:rotfl2:

Oh this is so pretty! I really like it.

Suuuuper strange... :confused3

Unless it was a service dog in training or something? I know they allow service animals in all the resorts, even if they're still training. Why anyone would bother trying to sneak in a dog, especially if it was a loud dog, is beyond me...

Raeven likes this.
  11. missangelalexis

missangelalexis DIS Veteran

Porgs are WAY cuter than puppymonkeybaby!

Glad you had a good safari! Sounds like a good AK day!

Raeven likes this.
  12. shannie102

shannie102 Mouseketeer

OMG I think I was watching life time that same day! Those movies were so weird, but who doesn't love lifetime movies?!

Raeven likes this.
  13. xlsm

xlsm Snow White

I hate puppymonkeybaby :crazy2: It's awful. I have to disagree with Josh on this one. I even have a shirt with porgs and Chewie on it, which I wore while meeting Chewie, and he expressed his frustration over the little critters.

:rotfl::rotfl:

Ahhh!!! Just put Kevin Bacon on top of them and it might win out over the drinking elephant!!

Well when you're called the master of every situation, I think you have to be serious. LOL!! I would fail at that :rotfl2:

I always take pics of it too! It's a cool ride! Joe Rohde posted on instagram the other day that most guests overlook the fact that it's a silly, cheapened-on-purpose version of Dinosaur. I never connected those dots, even with the time machines and everything.

The waterfalls were turned off the day we were there, I guess b/c it was so cold and windy?? I know in October the wind blew water all over us, so that was my assumption. But I was sad Matt didn't get to see them.

I still wish I could come up with a way to sneak one of mine in. But they would bark if they heard strange noises or anything, so it would never work :sad:

literally choked on my coffee :rotfl:

o_O I think he will just take any role for fun :rotfl:

Never!!

Raeven likes this.
  14. Lesley Wake

Lesley Wake May the force be with you!

I think you are correct and Josh is wrong!

OMG-that would have been been classic!

Raeven likes this.
  15. StarWarsMomofGirls!

StarWarsMomofGirls! DIS Veteran

It is cute!

She probably wouldn't have noticed, she was probably too busy making faces in her phone.

So CUTE!!!!

Raeven likes this.
  16. Raeven

Raeven Happiest Haunt

Yes, I hope it works out!

Yes, it was cold everywhere! Ew! Today it's 60 degrees, tomorrow it's going to be 28. Go home weather, you're drunk :drinking1 :laughing:

Hm, I'm not sure, I didn't know how many smaller elephants they had. But either way it was cute!

Yeah one of these days we'll get there!

I don't know why I didn't wear it sooner! I wear it all the time now.

I thought of that, but the way it barked on and off for so long made me think it was unattended. I've never heard a service dog make any noise, (and I'm sure they're in a lot of hotels), but I guess it could be.

:laughing: That's crazy! They are so weird but so hilarious.

It's so weird and creepy! I think we all disagree with Josh.

Quick someone Photoshop Kevin Bacon into that picture :rotfl:

I love how colorful it is! I didn't think of that either, that's a cool fact about it.

Aw that stinks, I didn't even know they turn those off.

Googling that felt so awkward, but I do it for the trip reports :laughing:

Me too! There was an SNL sketch a couple years ago where a guy was pretending to be him on the news segment and he was like "I like having jobs" and listed all these ridiculous jobs he was doing at the same time. And then I think later in the show (or maybe it was a different one but he was the host) they were like James why are you holding the cue cards...and he was like I just like having jobs :rotfl: Sadly, I can't find any gifs from those sketches.

Thank you!

I know :rotfl:

MeghanEmily likes this.
  17. wdwnut61

wdwnut61 DIS Veteran

I love the first pic of you and Josh so cute but now when he wears his hat I think of my furry grand puppy Indy :rotfl:
    The shadow pic is cool.
    OMG how I wished you would have taken that selfie with the woman taking selfies would have been epic :rotfl2:
    You’re right about no seating in Asia during our Thanksgiving trip I was able to sit where they show ROL and I wasn’t alone. Just something to keep in mind if you need a place to rest near EE

Love Lifetime movies lol my nail salon does too apparently they always have one playing. They’re so bad they’re good and they get you hooked :rolleyes1

Raeven likes this.
  18. Raeven

Raeven Happiest Haunt

Thank you! :rotfl:

I should've! Next trip if I run into someone taking a selfie at a weird time, I'm going to.

Oh that's right, I didn't even think about those seats!

:rotfl: It's true! Some of them are so ridiculous and you have to know how they end.

wdwnut61 likes this.
  19. ariane37

ariane37 Dis veteran

I've seen The Wrong Student! Lol if nothing else is on TV you can always count on Lifetime :)
    I was thinking first that the dog might have been a service dog, but a service dog wouldn't have barked that long. Unless something was really wrong physically with their "master"...........at least it was the middle of the day and not early in the morning or while you were trying to sleep :rolleyes:

Raeven likes this.
  20. kastoney

kastoney Disney foodie served with a side of sarcasm

You so should have done this. Who cares if she noticed, all the better :P

That is clearly I'm the master of my own situation face

Hope you all eat here soon. Casey had the churros on our last trip and they were SO good. I'm sure Josh would love them (and of course the drinks)

Maybe it was a service dog???? Either way very strange to suddenly hear a dog out of no where.

You suddenly have me dying to watch a lifetime movie despite having a husband who would never let it grace our TV. I haven't seen a lifetime movie in years but so suddenly took me back to all that is wrong yet right with them.

Raeven likes this.
  21. Raeven

Raeven Happiest Haunt

Exactly! We always watch the most random tv show on vacation and I love it :rotfl: By the way ever since vacation I've been obsessed with this reality show called Bring It I saw on Lifetime about a dance squad :laughing: I'm watching it right now.

Yeah it definitely barked on and off for a long time like it had been left in the room alone. Luckily we didn't hear it again.

:laughing: true!

Definitely :thumbsup2

Me too we're aiming for next time.

It was strange, it was also definitely in our building but I couldn't tell where because it sounded kind of far away.

:rotfl: I don't think Josh likes them very much, but he puts up with them on vacation. There's one Will Ferrell and Kristin Wigg did awhile back and I really want to see it because it looks hilarious.