L & M Car Rentals ???????

tebookie

WDW FAN
Just curious if anyone has ever used L & M Car Rental at the MCO Orlando Airport. They are listed as "in-terminal" agency. I've never heard of them before. Does anyone have any past experiences using this company. I recently did a search through Orbitz and they came back with a very good rate for L & M Car Rental. Do they use newer cars like most national car rental agencies? I don't want to be stuck with an older vehicle. Thanks for you assistance.

READ DOWN A FEW MESSAGES (Rental Car Surcharge) and so a search on these boards. L & M doesn't honor the rates they give you and has been know to downgrade the definition of a full size car.

We have planned a "last minute" trip to WDW for Thanksgiving. I call it a last minute trip because since it is a well traveled time of year, transportation, air and ground are usually at a premium. Dollar has blocked out all of their rental codes for the dates we are traveling and the only good rate I could find was L & M for $199 with a 10% AAA discount at the counter. Has anyone ever had a successful car rental with them? Mousesavers has kept them off of their recommended list, so they don't have a stellar reputation to say the least. Unless I find a comparable rate, I will probably keep the reservation, knowing that if I get stung at the counter, I will walk away and not rent a car at all. We are only going for five days this time, so I can try to "get by" without a car. I was ambivalent about renting a car for this trip anyway since it is less than a week.

We used them this past Feb. We had an excellent experience. The counter is right in the terminal...near National. We had a new Mercury Villager. The price was excellent (I can't remember the exact cost right now, but I remember their van was cheaper than anyone elses cars!) I walked right up to the counter (no line) and away we went. We filled up on the way to the airport (we had stayed at HIFS, and used the gas station near there) and there was no extra gasoline refuelling fee. There is some good info on this company on the transportation board. There are a few negative comments, but a lot of good comments too. (like any company). They do have a website, you may find the addy on the transportation board.
I'd recommend them
HTH,
Karen

Thank you Karen for your prompt response. I prefer driving around WDW as opposed to taking the WDW transportation but for five days, the $179 weekly rate that I will end up paying for a mini van is about all I want to pay so I am going to stick with them.

Mary at mousesavers doesn't recommend the company. Mail the BBB sends them gets returned as undeliverable. People from this board were give a 30% surcharge and told the rates went up since the time of reservations. Others were given compact cars and told they just changed what cars are classified as full size. A few months ago they cancelled all of the reservations made through Yahoo travel.
Dawn you have absolutely no reason to believe the 179 has any relationship to the rate you'll be charged when you get there. If you want a car I'd check PL and Hotwire as well as some of the smaller agencies (Enterprise for example). I suspect either the rates from the reputable agencies will come down or LM will certainly cancel out your rates.

It sounds like a gamble to use them if you decide to go with them. Just to be sure, I would see if you can make a back up reservation with someone else in case they try to pull a bait and switch with you as it seems that they have done to others here.

I have no doubt that it is a gamble to count on
L & M but I have resolved that if I don't get a rental car, that is fine, we only have five days and I can get by without a car if need be. We will use an alternate form of transportation to get from MCO to WDW, etc. I will not pay the surcharge and would rather walk away from the counter with no car than get nailed on a bait and switch.

I used them in January. I got the type of car I rented, the rate I was quoted (very cheap) with no hassle. It was quick, courteous and I will rent from them again if the price is right.

Originally posted by BonnieA
I used them in January. I got the type of car I rented, the rate I was quoted (very cheap) with no hassle. It was quick, courteous and I will rent from them again if the price is right.

My neighbor has had the same experience you have had...both times that they have rented from them.

We have used them the last two years without any problems, however with all the problems they have been having lately, I wouldn't recomend them either.

We have rented with L & M and only had 1 problem. Check your car out before you drive away. We had a missing hubcap that we didn't notice until afterwards. They said something about it when we returned it. We told them it was like that when we picked it up. Their answer to us was that the car had high mileage so they were going to take it off the fleet anyway, so they wouldn't charge us for the hubcap!!! I THINK NOT!!!
Another thing, I tried going into their site and it comes up as no such of a website. I tried doing a search and only come up with a site for Puerto Rico. I can't seem to get the one for U.S. Can someone post the website? Thanks, Beth

I just clicked on my bookmarked file for L&M and it said unable to locate server.... that has never come up before as I had it on my bookmark list to continually check on car prices for our feb trip. Maybe something is up???

Just talked to Affordable Travel who hosts L&M on their website. They assure me that the only problem is that the L&M website is down. L&M phone # is 407-825-7825. I have my backup res for mini-van through them so when I read posted info I got a little worried!:rolleyes:

I used L&M in January. Although the car was kind of dirty, I got the great internet rate I reserved at w/o any questions. I just went to the MCO car rental web page and clicked L&M and got right onto their site.

Rented from them in April, 2002 and was very pleased. No lines, got the class of car I reserved, very clean, low mileage, ran great, super price. Return was just as smooth as National's was in May, 2002. I booked it through L & M's website.

Have another reservation with them for November as their price can't be beat. As long as I don't have any problem with their cars or service, I will continue to give them a chance to get my business.

Donna

I booked via telephone with L&M last week. I gave them my time of arrival, time of departure and the person I spoke with confirmed a weekly rate for me. After reading the negative press here (although many encouraging remarks have been recently forthcoming) I decided to make a back up reservation with Dollar. I pulled up a weekly rate for a mini van for $230 but when I fine tuned the hours, I ended up with a daily rate which far exceeded the weekly rate. I called to see if this could be adjusted, but if I keep the car for less than 5 24hour periods, then the rate goes up. In essence, I am being penalized for returning the car to the rental fleet early. That makes no sense to me so I cancelled my Dollar ressie. If I get up sold by L&M, there are other ways to get to WDW.

Dawn--Not sure about Dollar but with National renting the car 2 hours causes you to be charged for a full day so that if you rented for 4- 24 hour periods and went another 2 hours you were charged for 5 full days and would get the weekly rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter