• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

LA Traffic, Navigation App?

my2mickeykids

Mouseketeer
We are going to be driving down to Disneyland from WA. Is there an App (I have an iphone 5) that you use to navigate LA traffic? I was looking at Waze which seems to give real time traffic and will re-route you but I have never used it before. We are taking I-5 but hoping to go a different route if traffic is awful & I am unfamiliar with the area. Any experience with any app that works well? Thanks!

I use the google maps app and Waze in Orlando.

We may not be LA traffic but around WDW during Summer you definitely need to avoid I4.

Waze has always been helpful. When we drive from San Fran to DL in Sept. I'll use them.

5 freeway always seems to have less traffic then the 405. I live in Sacramento and that is they way I go. Keep in mind traffic sucks no matter what in Southern California. :scared:

5 freeway always seems to have less traffic then the 405. I live in Sacramento and that is they way I go. Keep in mind traffic sucks no matter what in Southern California. :scared:

lol, you say that like Sacramento doesn't have terrible traffic! I've never driven through there and not gotten stuck! :lmao:

But in reference to the original questions... I use Waze plus a little common sense to avoid traffic.

Don't try to get anywhere in a short time-frame during rush hour (7:30 - 9:00 and 16:30 - 19:00). Drive with the traffic, not with the speed limit (the traffic will be faster than the speed limit). Decide on your directions before you get on the road; if you're unsure of a turn, pull over and figure out where you are, rather than slowing down and searching in the flow of traffic. Do not stop on on-ramps when getting on the freeway, unless the meter is red or the traffic is stopped in front of you; you will get hit from behind.

Driving down here isn't as dramatic as people like to make it out to be! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter