Labadee stop

Hobbsz

Earning My Ears
I was live chatting with an RCCL team member and they mentioned Oasis of the seas will be stopping in Labadee on the March 24 sail but has modified the time on the beach. Has anyone else heard if that is correct information and yes they are now making the stop in Labadee? I’m scheduled to be on that ship April 7 and one of the stops is Labadee and I really want to stop there. I also don’t mind with a shorter time if that’s the case

Anyone on the March 24 sail that can confirm

I would expect that the info is correct if you got it directly from RCL.

My wife was following some sort of Facebook group last week that indicated they were NOT stopping there the week of the March 17th sailing, but that they were monitoring the situation and would provide updates as they were available. She hasn't heard anything about the March 24th sailing. I really liked Labadee the one previous time we went and I am torn as to whether our family should get off the boat (we're on the March 31 sailing). I wish they would just schedule a second day at Coco Cay as a replacement.

Are you able to keep us posted if you’re March 31 sail gets switched or time off ship gets changed. I am also travelling with my 3 kids but am not worried about getting off. I’m confident what’s going on in Haiti will not spill over towards Labadee. I love that port and am hoping we do stop there

I'll certainly try to remember to provide an update. I don't frequent these boards quite as much as others, though, so please forgive me in advance if I completely forget to provide an update. Safe travels!

As a follow up, we just received an email from RC indicating that Labadee is cancelled for the week of March 31. They are adding a stop at Coco Cay instead (back-to-back days on Tuesday/Wednesday).

I was live chatting with an RCCL team member and they mentioned Oasis of the seas will be stopping in Labadee on the March 24 sail but has modified the time on the

beach. Has anyone else heard if that is correct information and yes they are now making the stop in Labadee? I’m scheduled to be on that ship April 7 and one of the stops is Labadee and I really want to stop there. I also don’t mind with a shorter time if that’s the case

I was live chatting with an RCCL team member and they mentioned Oasis of the seas will be stopping in Labadee on the March 24 sail but has modified the time on the beach. Has anyone else heard if that is correct information and yes they are now making the stop in Labadee? I’m scheduled to be on that ship April 7 and one of the stops is Labadee and I really want to stop there. I also don’t mind with a shorter time if that’s the case

I just received my email they have eliminated Labadee for our April 7 sail and changed to St Maarten. Just glad it was not an extra sea day

I just received my email they have eliminated Labadee for our April 7 sail and changed to St Maarten. Just glad it was not an extra sea day
You are lucky! They added Nassau to our Odyssey of the Seas instead of Labadee. I am very disappointed. I totally understand the need to cancel Labadee, but we booked an Eastern Caribbean cruise and not a Bahamas cruise--we have done that before and made a point for this cruise to avoid the Bahamas. I'm considering contacting RC to see if they can at least offer something like on board credits or something to off set this because it isn't the experience we wanted. I'm not sure they will do anything, but I'd rather have a sea day than Nassau. Its a pretty sketchy port.

You are lucky! They added Nassau to our Odyssey of the Seas instead of Labadee. I am very disappointed. I totally understand the need to cancel Labadee, but we booked an Eastern Caribbean cruise and not a Bahamas cruise--we have done that before and made a point for this cruise to avoid the Bahamas. I'm considering contacting RC to see if they can at least offer something like on board credits or something to off set this because it isn't the experience we wanted. I'm not sure they will do anything, but I'd rather have a sea day than Nassau. Its a pretty sketchy port.
I feel really bad for you on that itinerary switch. I will never go on a cruise again that goes to Nassau nothing to do there and yes kinda sketchy. I hope you have luck getting something from RCCL to offset's the poor new port choice. Be careful on the upper deck on the Odyssey as the running track is around the busiest part of the ship on sea days. I got ran into a couple times with runners. Find a spot to lay in the sun out of the way from the track runners lol
Have fun

Thank you for the heads up. I just sent an email to RC. We will see--I am sure there is something buried in the fine print they are allowed to do this, but come on!

Thank you for the heads up. I just sent an email to RC. We will see--I am sure there is something buried in the fine print they are allowed to do this, but come on!
Yes, it is posted right on the website.

In the event of strikes, lockouts, riots, weather conditions or mechanical difficulties, or for any other reason whatsoever, Royal Caribbean® may, at any time and without prior notice, cancel, advance, postpone or deviate from any scheduled sailing or port of call and may, but is not obliged to, substitute another ship or port of call and shall not be liable for any loss whatsoever to guests by reason of such cancellation, advancement, postponement, deviation or substitution. Royal Caribbean® shall not be responsible for any failure to adhere to the arrival and departure times published in this brochure for any of its ports of call.

While every effort will be made to adhere to the specifics shown herein for a cruise, circumstances may necessitate changes or deviations therefrom. All schedules, itinerary destinations, hours of arrival and departure, hotel and/or conveyances and other aspects of Cruisetour programs are subject to change without prior notice. Neither Royal Caribbean® nor any affiliated party shall be required to refund any portion of fare or other charges or make any compensation under these circumstances.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/itinerary-change-updates

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter