Labor Day Weekend Crowds

CarolinaGuy21

Earning My Ears
Let me preface this by saying that I know there aren’t truly any “slow” times at WDW any more.

How are the crowds the week of Labor Day? We were thinking about taking a trip for the Food & Wine and were surprised to see that this was classified as Adventure Season and was pretty cheap. I’m not sure if I could even rent DVC any more (might be too late), but I was curious to know what the crowds are like.

I would refer to a crowd calendar but I think they are a complete shot in the dark. We went during July last year which was a 7-8 crowd level time and had no problem doing everything we wanted with minimal waits. Then, we went in January which was more like a 5 and got much less done. Thanks for the help!

We have gone the past 2 years Labor Day week. In 2016 it was wonderful! Then they started F&W earlier last year and it was a bit more crowded. The weekend through Labor Day is a bit more crowded, but nothing close to other holidays. After Monday, it is really great! We noticed the crowds disappeared right after the holiday. Last year we had the hurricane coming on the 10th and that was our last day and we were supposed to fly back home that day. I remember MK being practically empty that Thursday before the hurricane. We did so much that day. We love that week because of the low crowds but we are taking a break from September since the hurricane ended our trip early last year.

My family went Labor Day weekend 2017. We did not go to EPCOT, but we thought the crowds were heavier than when we went June of 2016. It seemed to be a different crowd. Maybe more locals? It seemed like in our June trip people left the parks and took breaks durning the day and over Labor Day weekend the park seemed to stay really full all day.

Two years ago we went the week leading up to and through Labor Day. The week leading up to it was amazing. Labor Day itself was the exact opposite. It was shoulder to shoulder crazy in Magic Kingdom.

Not slow, but much less crowded than weekends in October. I would say about a 7? The week before apparently wasn't crowded. Many come in on Friday night and leave Monday.

Regarding deals, if you cannot find availability through DVC, the weekend itself is blacked out on the Bounceback, but the week before, and the week after are not blacked out. So that means that there may not be any room-only deals from Disney for the weekend, but there should be deals for the week before and after.

Holiday wise we find Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends to be quite doable. Don’t be afraid to book (besides the weather).

It was much more crowded last year than prior years (we've been going last week of August through day after Labor Day for many years). Still better than spring break or other National holidays, but the weather might not be worth (to me) the now not so low crowds. (Heat, humidity, and tropical storms)

For the past 5 years we have been at WDW the week leading up to and through Labour Day weekend. The week leading up to it has always been great with low to moderate crowds. You can feel the crowd level build as you get to the end of the week and the weekend itself is noticeably busier but I would not classify it anywhere near crazy holiday busy (we've done July 4th once as a comparison). It's definitely manageable with a decent plan over the long weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter