• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Labor Day Weekend Trip Report

ShadowBoxer

Nerdy Storyteller
Hello everyone!

I just thought I would share my trip report with you all before I forget like I did last time lol. Anyway, this was my second time EVER going to Disney World and my first time going during labor day weekend. I spent two days total at the parks Friday and Saturday. Friday evening I was at Animal Kingdom experiencing all the Pandora stuff. Flight of Passage truly is an amazing experience and it easily the best ride at Disney and possibly the best theme park ride in general right now. River Adventure was just okay for me . A thunderstorm came that right after I got off river adventure that kinda killed the rest of the park as it was cold rain and wind and people started to leave. I stay and did the safari in the storm was cool and kinda creepy. There was one really cool moment that I failed to get a pic of because it was a night and rain and stuff, but one of the lions roared right as lighting was showing in the sky. Even the cast member driving was like "please tell me someone got a picture of that !" Sadly, no one did....... After that I tried to do Rivers of Light but it had been stopped due to the storm so I called it a night and went back to the hotel.

Saturday I woke up early and got into the parks by 8:30 am. First I went to Magic Kingdom and rode Pirates, and Haunted Mansion both had super short wait times (10 mins each) and then I did Mickey's
philharmagic. Then I just wondered the park and enjoying the atmosphere until it was time for my 11:30 lunch reservation at Be Our Guest. I also meet a bunch of just friendly people that really enhanced my experience. After lunch, I went to Hollywood studios and did Tower of Terror and Star Tours (both of which I had a fast pass for). I tried to do Rocking Roller Coaster and Toy Story Mania but the wait times were too long and it was hot outside. So I just found things to do on the inside AC like watch Star Wars launch bay and watched Walt's One Man's Dream. Then after the crowds had died down a bit and did Toy Story Mania and watched the Star Wars show. Then I left and went back to the hotel for a break at like 3:30pm.

Saturday evening I went to Epcot and food and wine festival was going on. I NEVER been surrounded by so many great smells ha. The park was packed though and I couldn't really ride anything besides soaring which still had a 40 min wait time. Test Track had a 120 min wait and other rides had similar times just due to the extra traffic of the food and wine festival. The park also had some of the infamous foreign groups like Brazil who were walking around in huge groups and chanting and unfortunately cutting in line for rides etc. But regardless, I still had fun trying new foods and just soaking in the atmosphere of Epcot and the Food and Wine Festival.

Then Sunday I just hung out at Disney Springs in the evening around 5pm which was fun. The rest of my Sunday I just explored downtown Orlando etc. Overall, It was a fun and I now consider myself a Disney World junkie. I just love the place and the atmosphere and it sucks I won't be back there until summer 2019 when Star Wars land opens in Hollywood Studios and Toy Story land should also be open since that is happening next summer. So I envy people that live in Orlando as they an experience Disney anytime the want though I don't envy you guys in the summer as the heat is very different from the heat in Virginia ha. Even though I am a new here, next time I go to Disney I would definitely be interested in doing a group hang with some of y'all from these forums maybe in a park or Disney Springs. As some of the tips I learned from these forums definitely came in handy. Anyway, 2019 can't come soon enough as there are still things I missed or didn't get to ride like Mission Space or see the ESPN World Wide Sports Complex etc. #Disneyrocks

Last edited:
Sounds like a great trip! Love that you were chilled out about what you could see and what you had to miss. By the way, Mission Space is just ok - fun enough but not frightfully exciting. As for the ESPN Sports Complex - I don't think anyone goes unless they have a specific reason to be there....?

Sounds like a great trip! Love that you were chilled out about what you could see and what you had to miss. By the way, Mission Space is just ok - fun enough but not frightfully exciting. As for the ESPN Sports Complex - I don't think anyone goes unless they have a specific reason to be there....?

Yea I figured there wasn't much at the Sport Complex but it was just something I wanted to see ha. But yea, I was just chilled out about the rides I could or couldn't do because some of them I had ridden before on my first Disney World trip. I just enjoyed being in Disney World again as it's just a special place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter