Lack of Availability in Mid November

alhurricane

DisDads #733
I recently booked a mid November trip for our anniversary. This is our first November trip as we usually take our kids in April/May. When we take the spring trips, we have had no difficulty in securing at least 1 or 2 character dinings. My wife and I would still like to do a character breakfast on our trip even though it is just us, but there is no availability anywhere from Nov 13-18.

Does this mean that this typically 'slower' week is going to be very busy or is this just a side effect of he free dininig promotion?

November is always booked solid. I can't say exactly why, but it appears to be a combination of the holidays, promotions, and special party events. Believe me, November causes the most frustration every year.

I recently booked a mid November trip for our anniversary. This is our first November trip as we usually take our kids in April/May. When we take the spring trips, we have had no difficulty in securing at least 1 or 2 character dinings. My wife and I would still like to do a character breakfast on our trip even though it is just us, but there is no availability anywhere from Nov 13-18.

Does this mean that this typically 'slower' week is going to be very busy or is this just a side effect of he free dininig promotion?

I have gone this week the past couple of years and again this upcoming Nov. I don't see it as "slower" anymore personally. I believe the ADR issue has more to do with free dining than anything else, however.

God forbid you change your mind at 90 days out and want to switch to a different restaurant or time or day. It's been so difficult and we have a hard time knowing things for sure at 180 days out. I just keep checking and checking and using TP reservation finder.

I have never witnessed cutthroat dining reservations like this before. We're arriving the Saturday after Thanksgiving and at 180 days, I was pretty limited with the hard-to-get ADRs. I do know that things change but it's hard to make a plan without some solid commitments to park days at the least. You can look at the next few days on the ADR site and BOG, CRT, 'Ohana, etc. will pop up here and there. People change plans on a whim so if you can wing it, you'll probably be fine. If you need concrete plans, visit the site frequently and use TP reservation finder. I can't live like this!
I remember the days of calling for ALL ADRs. Omg... I'd be on the phone hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!