Lack of Guest Experience?

I agree - though, it feels like that is their default no matter what the issue is. have an issue with your room? Free FP .... issue with your meal? Free FPs - rather than trying to actually provide legit recovery from the issue
Yep. Free FPs aren't the right recovery for every problem.

We had a problem with a meal on a recent trip. I spoke to the manager, got the issue resolved, and got the meal for free. That was appropriate and much appreciated recovery. A few FPs wouldn't have been satisfactory to me in that situation.

My first few trips around 2012 were super magical. As time goes on I seem to have more disappointing moments. I figured it was just because Disney was no longer a new experience for me.
However, I just got back from a local theme park and was reminded at how amazing Disney's guest service is compared to other theme parks. I'm not sure if guest experience has been going down hill or my expectations have been increasing. Each time Disney increases prices I increase my expectations!:rotfl:

My first few trips around 2012 were super magical. As time goes on I seem to have more disappointing moments. I figured it was just because Disney was no longer a new experience for me.
However, I just got back from a local theme park and was reminded at how amazing Disney's guest service is compared to other theme parks. I'm not sure if guest experience has been going down hill or my expectations have been increasing. Each time Disney increases prices I increase my expectations!:rotfl:

That last part is huge I think. As o really I think Disney service is still very, very good - but dropping from say a 95 score to a 92 score is much more noticable when it comes with large price increases

Each time Disney increases prices I increase my expectations!
I think there's a lot of truth to that.

I've commented in some of the dining threads that my expectations for a $50 meal are different than my expectations for a $20 meal. The same holds true if you're talking about a hotel or park experience. I read the other day that people are currently paying over $200 to stay at All Star. If I'm paying $200/night for a hotel room, I expect service and amenities that I am quite sure are not provided at a Disney value resort. That just sets guests up to be dissatisfied. The price point creates certain expectations that aren't being met. It doesn't mean the experience was bad necessarily. It just means the execution doesn't match the expectation. As Disney prices have gotten more and more out of synch with the rest of the world, that has become a bigger problem.

Wow. If that was the attitude I got from GUEST RELATIONS, I'd be asking for a supervisor. I mean those are the CMs whose job is literally to take care of guests and help resolve issues.

The only time I had a truly memorably bad guest experience at WDW was ironically with AKs guest relations. Talked to two low level new kids who didn’t know how to deal with problems before having to get an adult involved who was luckily a little better. Still kind of shocking.

The only time I had a truly memorably bad guest experience at WDW was ironically with AKs guest relations. Talked to two low level new kids who didn’t know how to deal with problems before having to get an adult involved who was luckily a little better. Still kind of shocking.
That's unfortunate. One reason customer service at Disney has always been so good is because they empower front line CMs with the ability to provide guest recovery. You don't always need to elevate things to a manager or supervisor (or lead or whatever they call them). If the front line folks were new/poorly trained, that is a problem in itself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!