Lactose Free..DS7 help??

TammyLynn33

DIS Veteran
We leave for Disney April 19th. DS has had chronic bowel issues for 6 months I pull back dairy seems to clear.. We cnat get in to see our dr till APril 8th..

Where can I find info on lactose free dairy products at disney? I think Ill order lactose free milk from wegoshop etc.. I just dont know..Theres OTC lactaid pills can i use them on a kid? I cant see him being happy missing all cheesy meals and ice cream on vacation???

Help anyone???

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=595713

Post #3.

That's what you're looking for. ;)

Youngest DS has multiple food allergies, including dairy, and Disney was wonderful with him. If you notify them ahead of time, they have a whole system set up. At counter-service, there is a book of ingredient listings. At table-service, the chef will come out and talk to you, talk you thru the options, make suggestions, etc.

There are plenty of snacks/treats that are non-dairy. DS ate better there than he does at home. (which I'm sure is a reflection on my cooking skill, but I'm in denial over that)

You'll be fine.

dont worry we spent 10 days last nov in pop with a lactose and soy intolerent 2 yo

call or email brenda bennet at wdw her info is in the faq
she will set it up with your restort we had the chef from pop food court
call us before the trip and he had lactate in stock for us we baught a 1/2 gal every day he told us they always have it in the back not up front so you have to ask for it. but because we were there for 10 days they would order more in. it was awsome no problems. as far as ts wdw if you note it on the adr they will come out and talk to you and explain whats safe they were great also dont worry have fun

scott

Hi there!

My DD is 2 and lactose intolerant. We had soy milk at Disney...all table service restaurants were fine, and counter service was hit and miss. The food court at POR had it, so I kept some in the room fridge. ALSO she has had sucess with Lactaid chewables. The are OTC and strawberry flavoured. Sometimes, like for a bowl of ice cream, she needs two, but for a container of yogurt, or a piece of pizza one is good.

Good luck, and PM if you need anything else!

Michelle

We leave for Disney April 19th. DS has had chronic bowel issues for 6 months I pull back dairy seems to clear.. We cnat get in to see our dr till APril 8th..

Where can I find info on lactose free dairy products at disney? I think Ill order lactose free milk from wegoshop etc.. I just dont know..Theres OTC lactaid pills can i use them on a kid? I cant see him being happy missing all cheesy meals and ice cream on vacation???

Help anyone???

They do have lactaid type pills for kids as well. I have a child who cannot tolerate lactose either and we have tried some Soymilk but for the most part just avoid milk as much as possible. I would recommend keeping a food diary until you see the doctor so they can see how the child is handling what foods.

I have the same type of issues with 4 y/o dd, we just had a follow up appt about this today. Our doc had us keep a symptom log for 4 weeks, keep track of what the symptom was and the time it occurred (always stomach pain for our dd), what they were doing when it happened, the last thing they ate, and what made it better. Doc did a lot of tests, for things like crones, celiac, but they all came back fine. DD is now taking Prevacid daily, and we have really cut back on most dairy. Doc said that true lactose intollerance is actually rare, it's more likely to be a milk protien issue (like that's any better? :confused3), and there is a test that can be done but she doesn't recommend it for a 4 y/o, especially since we seem to be controlling the symptoms with prevacid and cutting back on dairy. I haven't tried the lactaid type pills, but I'd ask your doc to see what he recommends. Good luck!

Like the others said, contact Brenda regarding his intollerance. She'll send you plenty of info about what's available where. My daughter who can't have milk (lactose, casein or whey) among other things ate mac & cheese every day we were there. Several restaurants (table service and counter service) carry Galaxy vegan soy cheese. We only ordered this at places where I had already spoken with the chef by phone before we headed down, but it was such a wonderful option.

Don't worry about lactaid pills. Find out from Brenda where to get vegan ice cream and vegan cheese and vegan milk. There are places at each park where you can get Rice Dream or Tofutti ice cream and the frozen bananas (to die for) and Dole Whips are completely milk free as well. Brenda will attach a note about the intollerance to every one of your table service reservations and if you'd like, she'll have the chefs call you at home to discuss food options. She can also arrange for a chef from any of the counter service restaurants to call you if you know you'll be eating somewhere specific. We knew we'd eat quite a few meals at our hotel (Pop) so I had her arrange for a chef to call me. Chef Dan was amazing. Just for us, he even arranged to order in some foods that he doesn't normally carry.

Call Brenda. You'll be so glad that you did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter