Lactose free "ice-cream"?

PatR1213

Earning My Ears
First trip having lactose concerns. I know the restaurants have the special menus, which is great. And the Dole Whip is dairy free, thank goodness! But, are there any ice-cream shops that carry dairy free ice-cream? Is it possible to get a dairy free Mickey Bar?

There is no dairy free Mickey Bar unfortunately. I believe the ice cream shop on Main Street carries the soy based ice cream and the Boardwalk has it as well. I'm not sure if beaches and cream has it or not.

Most table service restaurants will have a dairy free ice cream or sorbet. The ice cream will either be Tofutti, So Delicious coconut, or Rice Dream. The Main Street Ice Cream Parlor carries Tofutti and Rice Dream. It is possible to get a dairy-free Kitchen Sink or Mickey ice cream (they put a couple of cookies in the ice cream to look like ears).

Dole Whip is available in Animal Kingdom. Kakigori in Japan at Epcot is more like a snow cone but it's dairy free if you don't get the cream topping.

I've never seen lactose free dairy ice cream on property but rather the soy and rice versions mentioned above. Since you said this is a new issue though have you tried taking the pills for lactose intolerance? I have a couple family members who do fine with dairy if they take the pills. I think Lactaid is one? Just a thought it may be worth trying. I had to avoid dairy for some time when nursing my kids because of allergies and the ice cream alternatives just didn't cut it for me. Sorbet was pretty good though.

i take Walgreens brand chewable lactose pill ice cream flavored... they have it in 60 count and lasts for 3-6 months for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts