"Ladies and Gentlemen" becoming an outdated term?

ChrisFL

Disney/Universal Fan and MALE
Will it be changed? Probably.

The political correctness climate we are in is pretty nuts to me. I'm only in my 30s but in some ways I feel like I'm completely out of touch with society. People get offended at almost everything now. I guess I have to now be careful about saying something as innocent as "good morning sir" lest I offend someone who is gender fluid (whatever the heck that even means).

I made a doctor appointment today with a new provider and among the questions I was asked was, “Do you identify as the gender that is on your birth certificate?” It amused me quite a bit. I couldn’t help wondering if it took a team of lawyers and HR folks to come up with the exact wording.

Imagine the people getting upset over the original 3 words.

giphy.gif

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/arti...utm_term=link&utm_content=2019-10-15T22:51:06
Air Canada is no longer going to use "Ladies and Gentlemen" to address guests, instead saying "Everyone".

I'm just thinking there's a lot of announcements at the Disney parks that start with "Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls"....is that eventually going to be changed as well?

Everyone could work. I prefer "Good Morning humans, we hope you have an enjoyable flight today. And thanks for choosing Air Canada."

YouTuber/Broadcaster TheReportOfTheWeek says, "Hello, Everyone!" or "Hello, Ladies and Gentleman and Everyone Watching!"

I made a doctor appointment today with a new provider and among the questions I was asked was, “Do you identify as the gender that is on your birth certificate?” It amused me quite a bit. I couldn’t help wondering if it took a team of lawyers and HR folks to come up with the exact wording.
I simply cannot wait to be asked a similar question. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter