ladies, please help

espec

Earning My Ears
I'll be cruising on the Wonder soon, and I'm still not sure what to pack. I know that dress in the restauraunts is on the more casual side, except for Palo and Triton's, but I don't really know what that means. And for that matter what is appropriate for Palo and Triton's??? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
ESpec
:wave:

We were on a 3 night in October. To Palos, I wore a longer/calf length tropical print skirt with a black sleeveless sweater, no hose, and a black slip-on shoe with a small heel. To Triton's, I wore a sleeveless blue print dress longer with no hose and the same slide on shoes. I wore a sweater tied around my shoulders to both restaurants, and felt very appopriately dressed for both places. To Animators, I wore a bright green sweater with a print shorter skirt--still no hose--I wear hose every day, so vacation time is when I try not to wear hose, although I will for the 7 day cruise, since it is more formal.

espec,
I have seen evening gowns, pantsuits, nice Church type dresses, and sundresses at Triton's and Palo's. I guess it depends on how fancy you want to dress up.

espec,

I have to agree with Tluvs2talk, it really does depend on how much you want to dress up. I just went on the four day crusie in December (my third DCL cruise) and I wore a long black dress to Triton's, a black pant suit to Animator's P. and a t-length sundress to Parrot Cay. You can wear formal wear to business casual. I would suggest saving your best outfit for Triton's or Palio's (if your going there). I wouldn't advise jeans or shorts for any of the restaurants though as it is frowned on.

Have fun!Mmketeer
'WONDER' Jan. 20th/2002

Espec - We went on the 7 day in July. I wore a black evening gown for the first formal night and a calf length evening dress with a fringed jacket for the semi- formal night. The other nights I wore long summer sleeveless dresses with thin straps - two of which were matching dresses with my 7 year old daughter! I didn't wear hose with the long dresses - no one could see my legs and I wore slinky sandals! It really was a lot of fun to "dress"! Have a great time!:)

Bump...

Sorry, maybe I should giveyou some more info.

It's the 4 day cruise, so I know that I do not need to be black tie or anything like that. Any suggestions for a 20something??? I have the typical black pants, etc... Being that I'm from CT, I'm dealing with the cold, and the idea of figuring out clothes for the warm weather, especially nice clothes is a little overwhelming...

Thanks again.

Did they do away with the Captain's gala during the 4 day? On our first DCL cruise we did have a formal night. Not all dressed up but most did. My husband wore a tux and I wore a black cocktail dress. The casual dinners I wore either nice slacks and button shirt or a casual type dress with no hose and sandles.

It really is how much you want to dress up. The DCL guidelines will be in with your docs and I thought they were also on their web site. Happy Cruisin' Kathy

espec: whatever you choose will be great--just about anything goes. With black pants, I'd wear a little sparkly top, or sweater, maybe a wrap around tie blouse (they look so elegant--I just can't find them in my size). I carried a white sweater from a sweater set which I put on if I got cold--didn't happen often. Other people have taken shawls, or pashmina throws. On our January trip, I plan to do the layer thing. Fly down in turtleneck, sweatshirt and heavy windbreaker; that way I'll have the windbreaker or sweatshirt, if needed. I also love sweater sets for traveling--great for warmth, not too bulky. Nassau and Freeport should be in the 70s, shorts weather for me. I'm one of those people who feels more uncomfortable overdressed than underdressed, so I didn't wear anything really dressy, and felt very appropriately dressed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts